'97 Cutlass Supreme, 3100, 193k, whats it worth?

dbtk2

One of my co-workers has a '97 Cutlass Supreme SL 2 Dr. (I think thats what it is?), it is the gold color, black cloth interior, and it has 193,000 miles on it (the only downside really). Exterior is mint, I haven't got a really good look at the inside but it looks like new from what I can see. She says it runs and drives excellent (haven't ridden in it or driven it so I don't know but I'll assume its find) Its got the 5 spoke wheels (don't know if that matters). Really its a clean looking car that looks like it has about half the miles it really does. She is trying to sell it but doesn't know what its worth, any opinions? I would say due to its year $2k? I don't know though, thats why I'm asking your opinions.

Shawn

Guest TurboSedan

with 193K, i wouldn't pay nearly $2000. more like $1200-$1500 tops. hell, i got my '94 SSE with 104,000 miles, and only paid $2300 for it....and i would definately consider an SSE much more of a car than a plain W-body, even if it was 3 years newer.

hah

when running, mine had 50k less than that, mint condition, and i couldnt even get 1500. I would set it at 1500, or even 1250, and be ready to go to 1000.

WOW :shock: . That's A LOT of miles. Let's see. The car is eight years old, so 193/8= ~24k miles a year.

But, I'd say around 1500 or 2000 here. :leaving:

with 193K, i wouldn't pay nearly $2000. more like $1200-$1500 tops. hell, i got my '94 SSE with 104,000 miles, and only paid $2300 for it....and i would definately consider an SSE much more of a car than a plain W-body, even if it was 3 years newer.

I got my STE with 69k on it for $1800, but just because I got a really good deal on mine doesn't mean she has to sell her car for really cheap. I could compare the great deals people got to this all day long, but I'm just looking for a realistic price to sell it for. Yes, good deals can be had, but I'm trying to figure out what a good price to try to get out of it is. I was thinking put like $1800 on it and hope for at least $1500. The thing is they are all highway miles, the car doesn't have much wear on it interior wise and was obviously taken great care of, and the exterior looks MINT. I'm gonna look it over closer and get some pics of it. I am actually considering buying it since I know I could probably get it for $1k, and I've never owned a car newer than a 1990. :oops:

Shawn