Sweet Jesus!

RedZMonte

I found that the maxima that is local to me building the turbo kits gained 50hp on the same ammount of boost (7psi) by swapping turbos! He was running a T04E just like i have.... now he installed a 60-1 Standard which i a little bit bigger. he gained 50hp and it also spools quite a bit faster. ~2200 rpm faster or so. that is SICK AS HELL! so i might be upgrading my trubo once i build my kit

he is now pushing 420hp at the wheels on 7psi!!!

BTW its a 1997 Maxima SE 5spd

RedZ

compressor efficiency baby! :shock: :D . He should run more boost if he can, because 7psi on a turbo that big is ridiculous. I wish we could make 420 hp on 7psi. Wait, scratch that...I wish we could make 420 HP at all. I know it's possible, but I have never seen a 60* engine make that kind of power. I would think that the power curve must be very unstreatable with that size turbo. At what RPM does he have full boost??

I saw a Nissan 200SX SE-R with the SR20DET make 419 hp/412 tq at the wheels on a dyno at a Nissan meet that I went to with my friend, but that was with a lot of boost...25 psi :shock: :shock: :shock:

hopefully i will see simmilar gains. i am running about a 1/2 a Liter on him so i should make more power. assuming his heads are not significanly better.

I guess i will have to see what i can do.. I feel the need to show him what a little Domestic tuning can do :)

altho his car is sweet. Looks bone stock with a low key tip!

RedZ

• 3 weeks later...
i am sure its due to the superior head design.

Heck yeah! 24v.. i am hoping i do simmilar power wise.. i might make about the same because i have more displacement but then break even with powertrain loss because i am an auto and he is a 5spd.

Shane