NEED HELP QUICK

KING JOKER

I INSTALLED A SYSTEM IN MY FRIENDS 1995 GRAND PRIX AND THE REMOTE TURN ON DIDN'T WORK. I THEN SPICED INTO THE POWERE AND GROUND ON THE HEADUNIT TO CREATE A SWITCH AND IT DIDN'T WORK. I THEN HOOKE THE POWER AND GROUND BACK UYP ON THE HEADUNIT AND IT DIDNT WORK.. ANY IDEAS?

I INSTALLED A SYSTEM IN MY FRIENDS 1995 GRAND PRIX AND THE REMOTE TURN ON DIDN'T WORK. I THEN SPICED INTO THE POWERE AND GROUND ON THE HEADUNIT TO CREATE A SWITCH AND IT DIDN'T WORK. I THEN HOOKE THE POWER AND GROUND BACK UYP ON THE HEADUNIT AND IT DIDNT WORK.. ANY IDEAS?

HOW ABOUT CHECKING THE FUSE ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNIT AND TURNING CAPS LOCK OFF THE NEXT TIME YOU CREATE A THREAD.

Headunit turn on or not? If not, check the fuses inside the car. Afterwards, check the headunits fuse. Still if not, check the wiring, even smell the headunit itself. If you fried it, it has a distinct smell you can't miss.

BTW, to hook up your remote correctly, on the back of your headunit there may be a AMP+ or and AMP turn on lead, should be blue. If there isn't one, then you tap into the power antenna lead.

BTW, to hook up your remote correctly, on the back of your headunit there may be a AMP+ or and AMP turn on lead, should be blue. If there isn't one, then you tap into the power antenna lead.
:withstupid:

WELL I CHECKED ALL OF THE FUSES (HEADUNIT AND CAR) AND NOTHING WAS BLOWN. I SMELLED THE HEADUNIT IT IT WAS OK. i SPLICED INTO THE power and ground because the powere antenna was a dead wire(checked it with a multimeter) and there was no AMP + or Amp turn on lead

as i said before i checked al of the fuses in the car but what ones should i check? I checked the radio and assesory (forgive my spelling). any other ideas?

Take the radio out, hook up the red and yellow wire (assuming that it is an aftermarket head unit) to a reliable 12V source (i.e. directly to battery, or fuse block) and ground it. If the Head unit doesn't power on, then bye bye radio.

Also, I always splice my remote lead into the fuse block and run it with a toggle.