CD Player mounting

Chinski

So I was driving round a month ago in my Lumina and my CD player fried. Came to find out it was a month over warrenty. Lucky for me, I found out today that they fixed it for free anyway. Good ol' Pioneer! Anyway, I'm looking for an alternative to the adapter thing that sticks out to fill the 1 1/2 DIN opening. Anyone put their CD player somewhere else or done something to make it look a little better (fit wise)?

What kind of car?

I put a 1/2-DIN EQ under the 1-DIN HU in my Cutty. It looks good, but it still sticks out. There's not enough clearance to make it fit flush, although I may consider such modifications in the future.

It's an installation kit designed to mount the stereo and EQ. I think it's American International brand? I think I got it at Best Buy 8-years ago!!!

The EQ attaches to the kit on the bottom through screws in the sides. The stereo attaches the conventional way... by putting in the mounting frame and bending tabs so it stays solidly affixed in the installation kit.

Is this installation kit not available anymore??? Awhile back, this was the only brand that Best Buy carried.

I got a metra kit that had that capability. I didn't use that part since I wasn't installing an EQ.

Hindsight being 20/20, I would love to have a pocket there now.

I plan on getting some fiberglass and building up the plastic trim around my radio, to make it look like it came with a DIN size, but I also need to move the radio to the top of the hole so it lines up with the vents. (90-94 Lumina vents are just a touch smaller than DIN size.)

Yeah, its for my Lumina. I too had thought about filling the hole with fiberglass, but I haven't done a lot of 'glass work so I'm sure it would take me a while to do. I was thinking of taking out my ash tray and mounting it there somehow, but I thik it would be too low and my shifter would be in the way (floor shifter) for changing CDs. Maybe I'll try the 'glass if I find some extra time on my hands. I considered the eq, but with the EZ-eq (or whatever) on the Pioneer CD players I don't think I really need one, plus its extra money that I could be using for a K&N cone filter ... heh.