sub question

91grandprixGT

has anyone used one of those kicker l7 solo-baric subs? I'm contemplating buying one for the GT I just got the head unit the other day getting ready to go to chicago in a couple days but was wondering what your thoughts were on kicker solo-baric subs (The square ones)

I've seen them all over the place at shows and such, but never actually listened to them in daily use.

The concept of them is more surface area = more air movement.

well I was planning on getting just one, and using either a pioneer or power acoustic amp to run it... I was told a 10inch l7 would be more then loud enough... I have seen them but never hear them

ok, round is better right? just wondering cause the l7 I was checkin out had dual voice coils and was 2/4ohm splitable I figured it might sound better...... I have been wrong before though and as far as amp I'm getting a 900watt power acoustic amp which I have been told by many people would be plenty for it

I personally like Kicker-especially Solo-Baric's- I have just one 10" Kicker Solo-Baric L5 in my Grand Prix & it's loud & sound's a hell of a lot better than A LOT of car's around here. I could just imagine what the L7 would sound like. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a girl. :nana:

The Kicker solobarics are well known for having high SPL but mid to low SQ. I've heard people who own them refer to them as fart cannons.

I heard a 12 inch L7 in the kicker box running off of a kicker 600 watt amp, @ first I was feeling it, maybe it wasnt up loud enough or sumthing, but it didnt do a good job of carrying the beat. I thought about running 3 JL 12's (1000/1 JL amp, maybe) or 3 kicker L7's (1200 kicker amp). The kicker solo barics do look nie though. ...I'm going to go back up to the store & take a cd that I'm familiar with & see what they do compared to the old JL'z.