*BIG UPDATE, MUST READ!!* 3.4 DOHC headers

z34_nut

Im a regular over at mymonte (see sig), I know the guy who had the supposed "leaky" headers. The reason they are like that, is because the ones that guy had were PROTOTYPE headers, not production headers. Milzy has told the guy repeatily (sp) to come get them fixed, but the guy lives in Grand Blanc, MI and mike lives in OH. Figure that one out, nearly 3-4 hours away. :bash: Plus driving 3 hrs through OH is NOT fun, all country. Its boring, I had to do about 2 weeks ago :(

If you guys can sort through the BS and people who think they know everything on 60*v6, we can continue on with this header development.

As for quality, I can assure you it will be there. Mike is a good guy, when my 3100 died when he installed my cam and the timing chain or some crap gear spocket screwed my engine, Mike helped me out. He gave me a 3400 swap with cam for a GREAT price and did everything he could to help me out. Hes not out to screw anyone on this guys.

So where are we on the 5 orders? Lets make a list of Confirmed orders, Maybe orders and who will donate their car for a week for the building. Thanks guys. Hopefully that cleared somethings up. :wink:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• z34_nut

• slick

• mms_matts

• Stevo

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys can sort through the BS and people who think they know everything on 60*v6, we can continue on with this header development.

Please explain the bullshit you are referring to.

You guys have totally trashed our products there and basically doubt anything we can do, and when we do something good there is no acknowledgement of the sucess. For more examples on this see the 3x00 cam thread on gagt.com.

Back on subject please.

No arguments here. I want to be back on the subject. Whos interested, lets get you guys on the list and start working on the $$ situation :D You guys need awhile to save? whos ready to pay? let me know.

what does grandamgt.com have to do with 60v6? Or did brad say something again. Im not arguing, I just want to know where this guy is coming from since he has acknowledged that he doesn't know the techinal stuff, yet he is telling us milzy does quality work. I guess quality is relative, not absolute.

When milzy does something right or worthwhile, ill acknowledge it. That day hasn't come. Back to the headers in this topic, care to explain why the monte gets 2" primaries and no collector, and how this is equal to a quality product?

I don't need extremes, telling me that if I dont get his headers I have to stick with stock manifolds. My ONLY complaint is that he didnt go the extra step to do something quality. Thats it! I didnt say his welds suck, or its gonna fall apart. I said the design is lacking and needs to be modified. Now i have people all pissy cause "60v6 thinks it knows everything", when in fact I could very well say "yes, we do know quite a bit".

Do I get a thank you for explaining what needs to be done and then see that it gets done. No, i see "fuck you, people don't know any better, they will buy anything they can get their hands on because there is nothing else to compete with it". Either its a monte carlo owner mentality to do just enough to get buy and make shit cheap, or its a coincidence.

Have I said "don't buy these headers". No, I said "these headers are junk". Ive explained why they are junk to me, so therefore I have said enough.

Will people think im an asshole and not want to buy shit from me? Perhaps. But id rather stick to my principles and offend than to let people talk bullshit about 60V6.com. I didn't post until numbnuts decided to say that 60v6.com was just bashing it cause its not equal length...a lie.

Have a nice day, im out. You wanna discuss header design, you know where to find me.

Vegeta and Joey B are about the only people who have said anything worth reading in this thread.

Those manifolds need SERIOUS help in design.

And please explain to me what needs to be removed from the car in order to fit equal length headers? I recall fitting mine in the car without removing anything but a small part of the frame selection--and that was out of choice, not neccesity. Oh, I did have to remove the factory manfiolds :roll:

Get it, they suck, they need to be redesigned using QUALITY parts. To me, quality means laser cut flanges, stainless steel piping, REAL collectors, a primary diamater that was picked for a reason other than Milzy having to do less work, and maybe some exploration into equal length.

Thank you GP1138, for settling all that.

OK not trying to start any fights again but If we need "serious help" with our headers that havent even been built or designed yet, what do you guys suggest we do to make them good? Seriously, Im asking for your advice. What do you guys think we should change or do differently? Take in mind, the better the products you use to design them, the more the retail cost may rise. All we are trying to do is bring a product that is in demand to the market that has little aftermarket and bring it out at a reasonable price. If you guys want super strength chrome headers that make monster power, we can do that if they fit and you guys have unlimited budgets.

So what do you guys suggest we do ?

Well for starters. Unlike car/part manufacturers you have a way of getting direct input into a product and can build really what owners want instead of what you think they need.

So getting input from here is beneficial. It can either go one way or the other. Really good for the company of really bad for the company.

Right now there ISN'T anyone putting out products for the 1st gen LQ1s other than replacement parts for repairs. Something that should have been tapped a long time ago.

Just my 2 cents.

1. There seems to be an issue of routing around Automatics vs. Standards (take into consideration the amount of automatics vs standard transmission equipped LQ1s are out there).

2. Primary size > 1.675" is an issue considering the 2.000" version.

3. A proper collector is needed.

Did I list it all?

Agreed with Stevo. If you make them for the automatic, it would fit the standard, making the market open to first gen 3.4 owners.

a collector would be great, and of course the primary size. Equal length is not neccesary.

I talked to Mike tonight. He said to make the headers equal length you would have to : move the brake booster, fans, bang the firewall in about 3 inches, delete or move the trans dipstick.. and try to make all those pipes all go down under the firewall, among other a large laundry list of things...basically too much work to make them equal length. Also he said that 1 5/8" headers support up to 500 horsepower and the 2" headers made for the monte was done 3 years ago and that the 2 inch pipe was overkill.

Who is still interested? Anyone? We are only trying to make these to help you guys out, cause otherwise if we dont get enough interest they wont get done, I need a list of people who are really interested and actually plan on getting this product.

I talked to Mike tonight. He said to make the headers equal length you would have to : move the brake booster, fans, bang the firewall in about 3 inches, delete or move the trans dipstick.. and try to make all those pipes all go down under the firewall, among other a large laundry list of things.

Odd, Tony's car has the brake booster, both fans, stock firewall, the same trans dipstick, and they work just fine. Oh, and the pipe goes down under the firewall just fine.

Huh.

Or maybe this guy just doesn't know what he is talking about. YOU CAN BUILD LONG TUBE EQUAL LENGTH HEADERS FOR ANYTHING. They will fit, you just have to build them so they do fit, which we can assume he isn't capable of considering what he just wrote you.

I talked to Mike tonight. He said to make the headers equal length you would have to : move the brake booster, fans, bang the firewall in about 3 inches, delete or move the trans dipstick.. and try to make all those pipes all go down under the firewall, among other a large laundry list of things.

Odd, Tony's car has the brake booster, both fans, stock firewall, the same trans dipstick, and they work just fine. Oh, and the pipe goes down under the firewall just fine.

Huh.

Or maybe this guy just doesn't know what he is talking about. YOU CAN BUILD LONG TUBE EQUAL LENGTH HEADERS FOR ANYTHING. They will fit, you just have to build them so they do fit, which we can assume he isn't capable of considering what he just wrote you.

I don't think you understand that the mock-up car is an automatic, big difference.

and where the hell did you come from?

Huh.

and where the hell did you come from?

He won't answer you, I asked that on the previous page. :read: :roll:

My front set will fit an automatic car no problems, and that is where the brake booster and fans are.

And even if I had an automatic, I would make the rear set work. I'd have to redesign it of course, but it can be done.

He admitted that the 2 inch pipe was overkill, yet wondered why nobody bought them. I told him that no way would I buy with 2" primaries. With a better collector design and smaller pirmaries I think there would be much more interest, regardless of equal lenghth or not. You can't win 'em all.

• 4 months later...
My front set will fit an automatic car no problems, and that is where the brake booster and fans are.

And even if I had an automatic, I would make the rear set work. I'd have to redesign it of course, but it can be done.

they hit the fans, the dog bones, are very close to the upper rad hose, and look like total shit, lay ofgf aaron, let the guy design his headers, if someone wants to buy them let them. Don't forget aaron you made huge mods to the cradle to get them to work, not everyone is willing to cut the hell out of their subframe to get headers.