• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• z34_nut

• slick

• mms_matts

• Stevo

Top Posters In This Topic

still no reply on the e-mail...Stevo, would you be interested to be one of the first four?

One thing I have to check into is if they are made with the auto 3.4, that they will still work with the 5-speed, and vise versa. I hope that doesn't become a problem.

Mines a 93' LQ1 Auto.

Also I'm in Canuck-land so as far a group deal ... I don't know how to get into this.

Yeah, if they work for the auto they will work for the 5speed. I've heard these aren't equal length though.

Just looking at the pic. It appears that there is some atttempt at keeping equal lengths on those pipes.

To be effectively true length would not the rear 3 have to actually come forward to join the front 3 at the driver's side then move down and under the vehicle? Currently the front 3 have to push back against the rear 3's already escaping gases.

Just my thoughts.

they are not equal length. Per bank, they are, I think. Also I have read that the collectors are a very poor design. I've been on mymonte for quite some time where milzy frequents. The donor for the 96/97 last I checked (about a month ago- they were made over a year ago) Was very unhappy. Seems as if little was done to fix the problem. They are leaking and he wants to have them removed. I believe that he did not recieve much of a price cost. The primaries also have a 2" diameter. I won't even consider purchasing until they are 1 5/8 or smaller. The 2" was the easiest, can't say I blame him for that, but for the price and setup I'm not buying. If the collector was changed, the diameter dropped I might consider buying even though they are equal length. Since they have not made other customers happy and the setup is not what I want, I have lost most all interest in the purchase.

still no reply on the e-mail.

Matt (Milzy's webmaster) is a friend of mine. I'll let him know to get going on this & show him this thread.

If you could do that, it ould be appriciated.

Hey guys, I figured Id join here and let you all know what is going on. Currently Ive recieved around 3-4 emails reguarding lumina 3.4 dohc headers. The owner/fabricator of Milzy Motorsports, Mike "Milzy" Miller, said he would gladly do them if there was 5 orders paid up front, and someone brought their car down to him in dayton, OH. He would probably need it for a week, but you would have to talk to him about a timeframe. Any other questions you guys have?

Although Im just the webmaster and easy questions answer guy for MMS, I can direct technical/hard questions to Mike. He has a BS in Engineering, so the products he sells are taken seriously from a performance & quality POV.

Hey guys, I figured Id join here and let you all know what is going on. Currently Ive recieved around 3-4 emails reguarding lumina 3.4 dohc headers. The owner/fabricator of Milzy Motorsports, Mike "Milzy" Miller, said he would gladly do them if there was 5 orders paid up front, and someone brought their car down to him in dayton, OH. He would probably need it for a week, but you would have to talk to him about a timeframe. Any other questions you guys have?

Although Im just the webmaster and easy questions answer guy for MMS, I can direct technical/hard questions to Mike. He has a BS in Engineering, so the products he sells are taken seriously from a performance & quality POV.

Awsome, and welcome aboard. Theres been alot of flack on 60degreeV6, mostly complaining about the fact they arn't equal length, but I assume that it should still be a vast improvement over stock manifolds. For your 96-97 DOCH headers, are they close to equal length? All we have is pictures..

Awsome, and welcome aboard. Theres been alot of flack on 60degreeV6, mostly complaining about the fact they arn't equal length, but I assume that it should still be a vast improvement over stock manifolds. For your 96-97 DOCH headers, are they close to equal length? All we have is pictures..

That will be a question for Mike since he is the one who built those headers, and I have only seen them through various pictures as well. I will pass it on to him. I am not an exhaust expert, so my question is does equal length matter? as long as the pipes (headers) are larger I would think it didnt since you are getting better flow on the exhaust side of the engine. Any there other parts you guys are interested in as well, perhaps P&P intakes ? 8)

My home town is only about 35 minutes from Dayton (I'm from Sidney), so as far as I know right now, it wouldn't be that much of a hassle to have my car dropped off for a week there. If you could, I would need some information though:

1) If any, how much is this going to cost me?

2) When will this be done?

If you need to contact me to work out more details, etc... PM me.

Thanks,

Chris

My home town is only about 35 minutes from Dayton (I'm from Sidney), so as far as I know right now, it wouldn't be that much of a hassle to have my car dropped off for a week there. If you could, I would need some information though:

1) If any, how much is this going to cost me?

2) When will this be done?

If you need to contact me to work out more details, etc... PM me.

Thanks,

Chris

Thats awesome man. Basically you will need to schedule a time with Mike, but it probably wouldnt be a long wait to take your car to him, maybe a week or so. Your cost would probably be a little less or equal to the retail price of the headers once sold, but once again all that business will have to be decided by mike and whether or not all 5 orders get put in first.

If I were to guess a price right now, ballparking on the current later gen DOHC headers we have, I would guess anywhere from 400-450 for uncoated and 550-600 for coated. Although I cant guarentee any prices here, Im sure it will be around that range.

I would hurry on this though, Mike was thinking of dropping all DOHC products b/c of low sales on them

Thats awesome man. Basically you will need to schedule a time with Mike, but it probably wouldnt be a long wait to take your car to him, maybe a week or so. Your cost would probably be a little less or equal to the retail price of the headers once sold, but once again all that business will have to be decided by mike and whether or not all 5 orders get put in first.

If I were to guess a price right now, ballparking on the current later gen DOHC headers we have, I would guess anywhere from 400-450 for uncoated and 550-600 for coated. Although I cant guarentee any prices here, Im sure it will be around that range.

I would hurry on this though, Mike was thinking of dropping all DOHC products b/c of low sales on them

The last part is what kills me. If he is willing to do the headers, and I know I will have to pay, I will need to gather the extra money first. 2 months would be perfect for me, maybe less than that.

*gasp*

Well I might have to hold back on the initial purchase of these, because of my founds, if, how-ever, this happens in say 2-3 months, then I will be game. Just caught me at a bad time because I'm moving clear across the country.

*gasp*

Well I might have to hold back on the initial purchase of these, because of my founds, if, how-ever, this happens in say 2-3 months, then I will be game. Just caught me at a bad time because I'm moving clear across the country.

The exact time I could possibly get down there to get this done...

2-3 months would probably be good. I will talk to mike about the times and prices.

and btw everyone talking about the "wonderful" people over 60*v6, dont get me started lol :bash: :motz2: theyve had doubts on a few of our products, but i guess we can say "we showed them". One of our customers has a 14.1 1/4mile N/A 3400 GAGT and there are a few other cars that defy the limits.

OK guys I talked to Mike and heres what he had to say.

"in order to make them equal length, the cost would go up considerably, and they'd have to remove things off the car to make room.

diameter for non 96-97monte dohc's = 1 5/8's. the montes are 2". crossover is probably 2.25", outlet will be 2.5" all flanges will be v-band.

lets say 500 for non-coated, 650 ceramic coated in USD, so whatever that works out to canadian for the exchange rate."

Hopefully that clears some things up for you guys. :)

they are not equal length. Per bank, they are, I think. Also I have read that the collectors are a very poor design. I've been on mymonte for quite some time where milzy frequents. The donor for the 96/97 last I checked (about a month ago- they were made over a year ago) Was very unhappy. Seems as if little was done to fix the problem. They are leaking and he wants to have them removed. I believe that he did not recieve much of a price cost. The primaries also have a 2" diameter. I won't even consider purchasing until they are 1 5/8 or smaller. The 2" was the easiest, can't say I blame him for that, but for the price and setup I'm not buying. If the collector was changed, the diameter dropped I might consider buying even though they are equal length. Since they have not made other customers happy and the setup is not what I want, I have lost most all interest in the purchase.

Has this been addressed? Seriously, the fact that LQ1 product sales are falling maybe for a good reason.

If you build it. They will come.

What bullshit, the fact that they aren't equal length wasn't even mentioned till later on 60v6. no, the problem is the primaries are too big, the collector doesn't exist, and uh, the rear header is a manifold, not a header. Look at the pictures of it...they all go to the number 1 cylinder primary.