unusual tire wear.

MonteC

i was looking at my back tires the other day and both are SIGNIFICANTLY worn out on the inside. they look like something needs to be aligned... does the rear suspension on the wbodies need to be aligned? ive never had to deal with fwd cars before.

thanks.

yes, there is alignment adjustment on the rear of w-bodies...well, camber @ least...(mine's way off after installing my struts)...i'd recommend getting a 4-wheel alignment...

if they are worn on the inside of the tread check the tire pressure. Premature tirewear inthe center of the tire is a sign of overinflation.

if they are worn on the inside of the tread check the tire pressure. Premature tirewear inthe center of the tire is a sign of overinflation.

no, not the center. i know what over and underinflation does to tires.

this looks more like an alignment problem.

tirewear9la.jpg

my front tires did that when they were underinflated luckly i caugh it before the tires went while goin down the road and they were close to. wires sticking out everywhere

well, that looks like an alignment problem too me...but, it also makes me wonder if the tires were ever rotated!?...and, if not...that could make them wear like that...and, if they have been rotated, maybe that happend on the front of the car!?...i dunno...i'd get a 4-wheel alignment, then buy 4 new tires and ROTATE them every 6k miles...then you should be good to go!

ya i just bought the car like 2 and a half weeks ago. so im still finding out all of the "little" problems. :bash:

its definetly not under or over inflation causing this problem, the tires were and have been since i got it, at the proper air pressure.

no, not the center. i know what over and underinflation does to tires.

this looks more like an alignment problem.

tirewear9la.jpg

Oooh sorry man I was thinking just the center of the tire was just worn and the outsides were okay :oops: Yes, after seeing the pic it's an alignment problem (obviously). Just wondering, have you had any work done on the struts or rear suspension? My Lumina had the same deal only it wasnt the inside of the tire it was the outside and it was on the same side as yours and only that side.

Again, sorry bout before I was thinking of something else.

151k. i havent found a spot of rust yet.

no strut or rear suspension work done (that i know of) ive only had the car for 2 and half weeks.

how often should the struts be changed. its riding horrible.