Lightweight Sound Deadening Materials?

Tru2Chevy

Are there any sound-deadening materials out there that are relatively lightweight? Standard Dynomat and other things I've seen like it are pretty heavy.

- Justin

Well it's not called mass dampening for nothing..There are a few lighter weight materials but they do not work as good as the heavier ones..It all depends on what you are trying to acheive..

If you are just wanting to reduce a particular buzz then only do that area..If you want to totally improve the acoustic enviroment then the best is to completely cover the interior metal surfaces..

I have around 300sq ft of sound deadening material through out my car..

Along with lead septum/foam pad as well as open and closed cell foams..

The best advice is to look into some of the spray type materials for dampening...

Well B quiet is one of my cars sponsors..I can not say enough about the quality of the extreme product..Does a great job and the adhesive is very agressive..I highly recommend the extreme product from them..Ask for Wade Galloway..He'll help you out..

Thanks for the help guys. I got a good deal on a box and pair of 10's to toss in the trunk, and I just want something to help keep the trunk rattle down. Dynomat is heavy and expensive, but this stuff looks pretty good.

- Justin

• 2 weeks later...
Well B quiet is one of my cars sponsors..I can not say enough about the quality of the extreme product..Does a great job and the adhesive is very agressive..I highly recommend the extreme product from them..Ask for Wade Galloway..He'll help you out..

And twice as cheap as dynamat when figuring cost per sq. feet.

Go to your local Lowes and find the roofing section, there's a stuff called Peel and Seal. Works wonders... Same stuff as Dynamat, it really isn't that heavy, and it is 1/4 the price probably. 12 bucks for 12.5 sq/ft

wal-mart sells some cheap scosche stuff now. its like 10 bucks for two 10" by 10" squares and its pretty light (wont work as well as dyanamat cause its not as heavy but that isnt what you seem to want