cradle bolt recall info

93CutlassSupreme

Bulletins for 1990 Chevrolet Lumina V6-191 3.1L

Safety Recalls

TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title 97016 MAY 97 Recall - Rear Cradle Bolt Retainer Corrosion

90C3110 FEB 91 Recall - Seat Belt Controlled Rotation Bracket

90C305 NOV 90 Recall - Brake Stoplamp Switch

90C23A10 NOV 90 Recall - Front Shoulder Belt Anchor Labor Time

90C2310 JUL 90 Recall - Front Shoulder Belt Anchor

90C0610 OCT 89 Recall - Seatback Hinge Mechanism

Emissions Recalls

TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title 90C016E AUG 89 Recall - Emission Mem-Cal and Label Installation

General Recalls

TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title DCS01142 MAY 91 Campaign - Instrument Panel Pad Separation

AM90319 NOV 90 Campaign - Brake Switch

AM90128 MAY 90 Campaign - Upper Instrument Panel Pad Delaminated

So was there a dash pad recall issued? and will they replace the dash for free? I guess it really doesnt matter since i fixed mine already, but if I could get a new one for free, I'm sure I could find a way to quickly un-fix it.

what the hell!!!

why only up to 91! how ridiculous! its like hey other 3 years of the vehicle screw you watch your engine make sparks on the ground!! wooo haaaaaa!!!

The bigger problem is the engine cradle itself. It's great that there's a recall for the bolts, but I'd rather they covered the equally troublesome, and far more dangerous engine cradles. They seem to rust like mad on these cars. One of the mechanics I took my TSTE to recently to look for the power steering fluid leak said he found it, but can't do anything with it because everything was rusted so bad, he was afraid something would break while trying to get to it. :shock:

I have a guy who is going to rebulid my cradle or another cradle then put it in my car, if I need it. I'm fonna get it looked at to see if this is my problem.

when I crank the wheel to one side the one tire makes like a popping sound, when i crank it then to the other side it makes a popping noise again. when it pops the first time it makes my one tire push out a slight bit so when im going straight, i swurve left and the steering wheel angles with it. when i crank it the other way it goes back to normal.

I looked at the condition of my cradle, it is rusted but mostly is surface, all seems solid around the bolts. If I get the cradle rebuilt I am getting that Pr 20(sp?) paint and covering the whole thing in it so it never sees rust again! and alot of other stuff will see the same treatment under there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Toronto, when I worked at pontiac I had it done from a mechanic friend of mine

I dont think it would be too easy to walk into a dealer you dont frequent and be like "ya I'm here for the free recall on my 1988??" see mechanics get paid BY gm on warranty and GM dosent pay them squat for these services ie half hour pay for a 2 hour job

this repair takes 15 minutes but prolly pays less time than that so no mechanic wants to touch it, they want the good work. sooo its prolly best to have some minor work done at the dealer next time like brakes, ac recharge, struts and alignment and ask for the such and such recall to be done by the time I pick it up.

sorry to say but GM isnt gonna recall/warranty a subframe because after 15 years its rusted out, parts rust thats not theyre responsibility they'l say but a design flaw like those subframe retainers well theyre ass is on the line for a dangerous desgin and THATS the only reason they'l flip a penny for a vehicle thats alrerady been sold

because after 1991 they had fixed the problem from the factory.

When did they fix the problem? And if so what did they do?

Also why would GM replace dashpads, those are cosmetic!

i don't know if you guys are still talking about this, but i got that recall for that bolt on my '89 like 2 years ago. they sent it to my house, i brought the car in the next week, and they fixed it for free