stronger axles

SilverZ

i'm surprised by this 2.8

doesn't perform any worse than my 3.1, and it will idle all day without oil pressure without developing rod knock

look buddy the guy before asked what I had in mind for my car so thats what I have in mind...if I had that much money right now I'd probably buy something else the bore will be .060" over w/84mm stroke......

but this is all stuff I've gotten prices for....I already built the ram air but it's not going in until I know it will fit with everything else....and for the heads when the build my motor they are taking special care of that don't worry.

I would not recommend boring it out .060" over with boost. I wouldn't go more than .020 or .030 over or the cylinder walls will become weak, especially with the kind of cylinder pressure you would be running with a setup like this.

About the axles, the stock ones are strong enough if you don't feel the need to beat the shit out of it on the low end. Axles break during burnouts and stuff where there is a lot of force suddenly. I've broken one axle in my STE and it is making probably around 320-350 ft.lbs. of torque, and that one was from a combination of age and me beating the living piss out of it. It broke during a burnout, and I haven't had any trouble with axles since.

Shawn