Stereo wiring diagram?

2fast

I'm gonna install a new cd player in my 1990 lumina, and I hate using the aftermarket wiring harness/connector, so I was wandering if anybody knows what the stereo wiring is on my car? I need to know what color wires go where. For example black-ground, etc.

Thanks,

Jon

Here ya go. This is the stereo wiring for Luminas '90 to '93

Constant 12V+ Orange

Switched 12V+ Yellow

Ground Black

Illumination Gray

Dimmer Brown

Antenna Trigger Pink

Antenna Right Rear

Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash

Left Front (+) Tan

Left Front (-) Gray

Right Front (+) Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green

Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Brown

Left Rear (-) Yellow

Right Rear (+) Dark Blue

Right Rear (-) Light Blue

why would you not want to use one, they make the installation go much easier and then you don't hack up your cars wiring. i see no good reason not to use one.

Yeah, I agree you should definitely consider using one. The only reason I could think not to use one would be because of cost. I know best buy charges $18 for one now, but I think walmart still has them for $10. That is $10 well spent too. Remember that the factory harness probably only has a few inches of length, so your basically going to be splicing wires in a tight area where you can barely see. With the adapter harness, you can do all your splicing on a work bench, then just plug it in. This makes soldering wires a lot easier.

Yeah, I agree you should definitely consider using one. The only reason I could think not to use one would be because of cost. I know best buy charges $18 for one now, but I think walmart still has them for $10. That is $10 well spent too. Remember that the factory harness probably only has a few inches of length, so your basically going to be splicing wires in a tight area where you can barely see. With the adapter harness, you can do all your splicing on a work bench, then just plug it in. This makes soldering wires a lot easier.

Yep, and thats exactly what I try to point out to customers who insist on cutting there harnesses off. Plus, what happens if you decide to put the factory radio back in after you have allready cut the plug? Good luck on that one.