*Scratches head - Dic in a cutlass?

Psych0matt

Is there any year of the dic that will wire in (with some work obviously) that will get more of the functions to work than the cutlass dis's? I'm just thinking if something is possible, i might try to pick one of those up instead of having a dis that doesnt completely work. I know jeremy has one, but that's a 97...

Yes.. One can work.. ALL the wiring is in the cars.. But.. You need t0 spliuce them on in.. I would take on the challenge of an STE version w/ the systems monitor.. But THAT will take effort..

Yea, it will mechanically power up, but the econ info will not work.. Try gettin an OBD 1.5 or 2 GP setup.. Talk to ross.. he knows more about the GP ones as I haven;t had a use for them in a 90

What does the STE DIC w/the system's monitor have over any other LCD version? And how much harder is it to wire up?

It has a lamp monitor, and a door monitor.. Basically gives ya more info than the LCD version.. A bitch to wire in, because the ALM lamp monitor is needed as well.. THis thing reads voltages, and displays a warning if the voltage differs from what is stored in memory as functional.. Total bitch to do, but possible..

One out of a 94-95 Grand Prix should completely work. I think that's all you'll be able to get that will completely work.

I think this is one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7962101739&category=33675&sspagename=WDVW

They don't look half as cool as the ones that came standard in 88-91 Cutlass though.