Here are the Chevy and Pontiac factory MP3 HU's

DiscoStudd

The Chevy deck looks identical to the one in the wife's Impala (except of course for the MP3 logo and capability.) I like the RDS info that the radio displays. If the station you're listening to broadcasts RDS data, it will display either the station ID (or nickname) or the artist and title info of the song being played. Now if only the aftermarket offered RDS on their head units :idea: ...

I found a Chevy MP3 deck on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43947&item=7959497467&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Current bid: $41.00

I like the RDS info that the radio displays. If the station you're listening to broadcasts RDS data, it will display either the station ID (or nickname) or the artist and title info of the song being played. Now if only the aftermarket offered RDS on their head units

Yeah. I love seeing RDS info. It'd be nice if someone like... oh... Pioneer (:x ) offered RDS...

I bet they will have it next year on the DEH-P7800MP (ya know, now that you've got the 7700 :lol: ) Kinda like how this year they have dual XM and Sirius capability on the 7700 after I bought my 7600 last year :bash: ...

I like the RDS info that the radio displays. If the station you're listening to broadcasts RDS data, it will display either the station ID (or nickname) or the artist and title info of the song being played. Now if only the aftermarket offered RDS on their head units

Yeah. I love seeing RDS info. It'd be nice if someone like... oh... Pioneer (:x ) offered RDS...

Pioneer HU's sold in Europe DO have RDS standard, and they have for years. I have last year's DEH-P7600MP, and the European version has RDS.

Sony is the same way.

Why they have a special stripped version for the US is anyone's guess.

If GM had a navigation deck with MP3 capability, I'd be all over it.

Maybe because RDS isn't supported nationwide. I've picked up radio station info once or twice the entire time I've driven my parents' Impala, and the traffic and all that other stuff is worthless to us as well.

• 1 month later...