Crank, but no start

Prospeeder

Well, I went over that already a few posts up with my story earlier about how it would crank, and not start. It's at the mechanics awaiting a new fuel pump as we speak. Not sure when he's going to get to it, though. But since I have no where that I can drop a fuel tank, or any sort of big project like that anymore, I'll have to let the mechanic do it. But he pressure tested the pump, and found I was getting nothing.

NO, not in the throttle body, like, in distance, i read that the lowest pressure besides none is to the TB, and i got it to start, it started like nothing happend, i guess there was somthing like the fuel filter was cogged and it shifted it or somthing, but its fine now, i didnt do anything but crank it and it fired right up, uhhg, this car, i swear

So you did the filter and it starts?

Your English grammer is something to be translated and rather difficult to follow...sorry not trying to offend, just help.

lol, sorry, haha, no i didnt change the fuel filter, it just started, my dad said it was really flooded, so when it was sitting some1 must have hit the gas, and it flooded it, so he got all the gas out and it started, i washed it with that Mr. Clean Auto dry stuff, so awsome, it works perfectly, and u can see ur reflection in it

FLooDed???? thAt iS inPossibLe,my mom says, hiya :wink: J/K

I....think...it....is....the..fuel...injectors...(.)

(my grammer :lol: )

So it just started eh? How did your pops dry it. I am thinking the fuel injectors are leaky or there was no or weak spark. I always recomend testing the fuel pressure...like everyone here says a milllllion times. Change the fuel filter regardless.

but it still dosent run correctly right?

pumping the gas pedal cant flood it unless you have a carburator

If it is flooded the ecm has a "clear flood mode" just push the gas to the floor and start it.

I say get a fuel pressure gauge, they dont cost that much and you can use them on a bunch of different kind of cars.

you should be getting 40-50 psi

it runs better than it has for a while, u turn the key INSTANT start up, doesnt even really crank, it just fires up, and it doesnt struggle when idleing like it used to, runs alot better, and he got the gas out by yes pushing it to the floor while cranking, im sure ill get around to changing that fuel filter soon