Windsheild Scuff

MaD

I'm not sure how this happened, but I was driving along, one rainy night, and my passenger's side windshield wiper completly flew off! Since it was still raining, I had to keep the wipers on to see. But when I got home, I noticed that the metal arm scratched my windshield! At first, I figured it was the paint, or clear-coat off the wiper arm that rubbed onto the windsheild, but no, it was indeed scratched. So now I have this smooth half-circle of a groove on my windshield. It's pretty wack, and everyone notices it and points it out in a mocking manner... So, I'd like to fix this, if possible. I've seen those windshield repair kits, but it seems they're only for bullet holes (or rock chips), not long scratches.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :D

-MaD-

The only way to buff scratches out of glass is to use a cerium oxide polishing compound. JC Whitney had a cerium oxide glass polishing kit to remove scratches. I remember seeing it in their printed catalog, but I can't find it on their site anywhere.