rear sag

pwmin

i am wondering if my rear is sagging . does anyone have measurements with stock tires (225-60 i think) from the ground to the wheel well (B4U) so i can tell if im going to gain any lowering by going with the faf leaf. i know gnat measured his, but does anyone else have measurements with one knowing that the rear isnt sagging?

i am wondering if my rear is sagging .

Sounds like a personal problem. :)

Well, I personally don't think the FAF rear leaf will lower your car any more than it does. Mine is only about 1/4" or so lower than the 94 convertible which doesn't have a saggy ass at all.

Are you WANTING to go lower? If you're wanting the front to match the rear, just put some ST or Intrax springs in the front. It should be pretty close. Or KYB's in the rear should raise it up a little.

So is the rear too low or not low enough?

I'm just a little confused because it sounds like you're concerned about the spring sagging, but at the same time you're also wondering if the FAF leaf will give you any lowering. I guess I don't know if you want the ass end to go up or down.

i want the ass to match the front. the rear is too high right now. i was going to get the faf but if its not going to lower it more than it is, obviously it wont be worth it. i am also putting gr2's on the rear. i want to know if my rear is sagging already so if i put in the faf and its the same as the sagging? stock one, im going to be ultra pissed, you know what i mean? not a very good picture, but maybe you can see it

GrandPrixSide2.jpg

It looks good the way it is IMO. I have always thought the rear of a car should sit higher than the front.

:werd:

remember though, to be cool today, your car has to be under 3" off the ground.... :roll:

See the Group Buys forum. The Birchmount spring is definitely going to be lower than what you are now, and it's over $100 cheaper. The FAF spring might even be taller than what you have.

I agree the rear can be a smidge taller than the front, but by no more than like 1/4"-1/2".

thanks for the help. i guess thats 300 bucks i dont have to spend. i agree maybe the rear should be a little higher but not that much. that look is def better on a rwd car. i want the rear to sit low. maybe ill try the coilovers. my friend is taking his off so i may get them from him and try them. theyre helds so theyre really loud and he hates it but maybe i wont mind and they wont stress the mounting location. im a little leery about them but hopefully they'll be ok. im not sure about the birchmount as its metal and my car doesnt need to weigh any more will all the stereo stuff in the back. thanks for helping me not waste 300 bucks on something that wouldnt help. sorry about your car gnat

i want the ass to match the front. the rear is too high right now. i was going to get the faf but if its not going to lower it more than it is, obviously it wont be worth it. i am also putting gr2's on the rear. i want to know if my rear is sagging already so if i put in the faf and its the same as the sagging? stock one, im going to be ultra pissed, you know what i mean? not a very good picture, but maybe you can see it

GrandPrixSide2.jpg

Yours sits much opposite of what mine does. I've got enormous gap in the front, and the rear is practically dragging on the tires. Heres a picture of a saggy rear end:

100_1641.JPG

I'll hopefully have that fixed this weekend.. I have a feeling its going to end up looking like a 4x4.

I think yours looks perfect the way it is. The rear doesn't appear to be sagging. I wouldn't bother bringing up the front end.

theyre helds so theyre really loud and he hates it but maybe i wont mind and they wont stress the mounting location.

Loud coilovers is a common complaint with them... big reason most people are unhappy with them.

im a little leery about them but hopefully they'll be ok. im not sure about the birchmount as its metal and my car doesnt need to weigh any more will all the stereo stuff in the back. thanks for helping me not waste 300 bucks on something that wouldnt help. sorry about your car gnat

Oh wow, I didn't know until now that the Birchmount springs were metal.

I'll see if I can find a place to measure my car's rear height that will directly correspond to the same location on a GP. I can't compare with the wheel well opening because they're differently shaped between Cutlass & GP.

You might also be able to get the owner to design a spring that's 1"-1.25" lower, because that's how much more drop I need to even come close to the ST springs in the rear. The owner (George Smolen) is more than happy to reply to email of people whose money he doesn't yet have.

i have tried to email faf but every time i try it wont go through. i thought you said you did more to the front than the st springs or is that all you have done? thanks for the help. if i can get the faf to closely match the st springs (maybe just a tad higher) i would still rather go that route. what is your opinion about the stress caused by the coilovers? if i can get them for cheap maybe ill just do that if the sound doesnt bother me. if redz would just get his monte running i could hear them while driving the car. hell i play my stereo loud enough i probably wouldnt hear them anyway

I'll send you a PM later tonight with the email I have for George Smolen.

I'm actually considering to go back to OEM struts in the rear since I noticed, and others also noticed that KYB's seem to raise the car a bit. If going to OEM struts caused the rear to drop an inch, I'd be happy.

There are 3 active members on the board that own and they say they haven't noticed any metal fatigue or damage caused by the coilovers. There are other reasons not to go the coilover route though... noise, spring rubbing on the collar, set screw seizing up, the spring becoming unloaded... all stuff I personally wouldn't want to deal with. 2 of the 3 people here with coilovers aren't happy with them and maybe the 3rd guy just hasn't had his long enough!

I'll send you a PM later tonight with the email I have for George Smolen.

I'm actually considering to go back to OEM struts in the rear since I noticed, and others also noticed that KYB's seem to raise the car a bit. If going to OEM struts caused the rear to drop an inch, I'd be happy.

There are 3 active members on the board that own and they say they haven't noticed any metal fatigue or damage caused by the coilovers. There are other reasons not to go the coilover route though... noise, spring rubbing on the collar, set screw seizing up, the spring becoming unloaded... all stuff I personally wouldn't want to deal with. 2 of the 3 people here with coilovers aren't happy with them and maybe the 3rd guy just hasn't had his long enough!

i've had then long enoght.....and never had the spring become unloaded....probably because i lowered the car enough.....there is not much noise......

All the noise i get if from th stupid addco bar......augh.

i think i am going to replace all four of my struts and put in the addco bar before i decide what to do. and maybe try out my friend's helds. then i can be sure all my ride heights in the front and rear are where they are finally going to be so i can see how much drop i need for the rear. the rear of my car at the fender well trim is about 1.75 inches taller than the front of my car. does anyone have stock measurements on a 94-96 b4u gp (rear) with a leaf they know is not sagging? ill get this figured out eventually