• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• cutlsp

• rshissler

• Justin

reartire.jpg

Bar none, best rim ever. Perfectly classic. I like the Cragar SS and the Klassic, but I don't think they look as good as this. You'll never get a rim this style on a FWD car, the dish makes the look.

1047886436.jpg

In the shape of a rotor, like what is in the motor. However, these wheels wouldn't look good on anything else.

Say what you want about them lol..

- Jeff L.

those are cool!

big_mach10.jpg

I kinda like these. Only cuz i was gonna buy them for my Z. Now i'm second guessing myself on a rim with fewer spokes.

Best rims so far. The only way those could look better is if they had a polished lip.

:withstupid: and they are low maintence too since they are black :lol:

maybe i should reconsider and try and get these again......if i remember correctly they were about $200 each for the 18's. My combo was gonna 18 x 7.5 Mach 10's wrapped with BF Goodrich Redline Scorchers goes with my whole red/black scheme

I don't want to sound like a dick, but all those wheels are dated or look like crap, except maybe the milla's. I can't believe we haven't seen any I-Forged, Icon or HRE wheels (maybe because the wheels cost more then most of the cars on this board!)

These are the wheels I'm saving up for right now. I have the 245/45/18 tires just waiting for the current tires to shoot craps.

50-HP24-185-14D.jpg

maybe because the wheels cost more then most of the cars on this board!

Wow, you're making an awful lot of friends. What makes you think your GP is worth so much more than other cars on this board? I'm not seeing anything too special about the rims you showed either, the American Racing rims showed earlier are way better looking in my opinion.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but all those wheels are dated or look like crap, except maybe the milla's. I can't believe we haven't seen any I-Forged, Icon or HRE wheels (maybe because the wheels cost more then most of the cars on this board!)

These are the wheels I'm saving up for right now. I have the 245/45/18 tires just waiting for the current tires to shoot craps.

50-HP24-185-14D.jpg

I completely agree on all the old school stuff, I just didn't say anything. :lol:

Yours are alright, but I don't like fake rivets and convex spokes. Both seem to be rather popular these days though.

Wow, you're making an awful lot of friends. What makes you think your GP is worth so much more than other cars on this board? I'm not seeing anything too special about the rims you showed either, the American Racing rims showed earlier are way better looking in my opinion

First off, making internet friends is my number 1 goal in life :lol:

2nd, when did I say my GP was better then anyone elses? All those wheels I listed are worth more then my GP too, is that better justin? Obviously your not to up to date on the aftermarket wheel industry.

Don't get me wrong the AR wheels are shiny but they are run of the mill torq thrust wheels. The #1 selling wheel of all time, and one of the greatest aftermarket auto items of all time. BUT they are not original. EVERY car under the sun has those wheels. They are an old muscle car factory wheel, not to impressive to me. AND definitaly NOT the BEST looking wheels I've seen!

Hey you should jump all over Gnat for agreeing with me!

All those wheels I listed are worth more then my GP too, is that better justin?

That is better, actually. Honestly I just thought you were another noob that came to the site thinking their car was the second coming of christ.

As for the rims, I'm still not crazy about them, and maybe it depends on the location, but hardly anyone I know has the AR rims. There is a guy at work with a '95 Monte with them, and he asked me if I wanted to swap them off for some labor. I really didn't have any rims I wanted to part with, so I declined.... I just want to get my factory CS rims painted up and looking nice. Anyways, the polished lip is really nice, but I'm still not sold of gunmetal, or pretty much any color other than aluminum or chrome on rims.

I'm currently running these on the TGP. RS Limited Concept Pro's in gunmetal with a polished lip.

conceptprosLargegunmetal.jpg

Simple and clean looking. And I am the only one in my area running this style wheel 8)

Honestly I just thought you were another noob that came to the site thinking their car was the second coming of christ.

I take offense to the noob statement, and I never said my car WASN'T "the second coming of christ"

Anyways, the polished lip is really nice, but I'm still not sold of gunmetal, or pretty much any color other than aluminum or chrome on rims.

I agree 100%. That was the only pic I could find of the rim at the time. I honestly think chrome on most *note most not all* rims is gheto. I think it would look good on a wheel like this though :D

I like the adr's just not big enough lip for me. Notice a trend here, call me a perv but I like big lips!!

btw another photo for your viewing enjoyment! I'm not actually sure if this the wheel or not but it looks exactly like it. This is what it would go on except on a white coupe and the pics are of 19's.

Pn35489.jpg

oh damn what make and model wheels are these:

Pn35489.jpg

oh and i agree with u 100% on the big lip look!!! 8) ive been look for wheels with some decent lip but i cant find any that i can be sure will have some lip to them when i buy them. i looked at asa ar1 on tirerack but i don't know if they will have the amount of lip im lookin for, if u look at pic on different vehicle some they all have different amounts most are pretty flush and i would be dissapointed if i bought them and they came that way (w/out lip)!!

oh and if ur savin up for those hp wheels are u gonna use a wheel adapter with a different bolt pattern??......cause i looked hp's before and i never found any wheels with a 5x115 pattern

i like the hp evos too......600_evo_18_staggered_light.jpg.jpg

5x114.3mm will fit fine.

If you like the style of the HP Evo's, I found these sorta similar style, the price looks real good for chrome 19". Around $655 shipped, cheaper than I paid for my chrome 18" AE 077's. Also staggered, 19x8.5 fronts and 19x9.5 rears so you could get that fake RWD look by running 275's in the rear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7956759958&category=43959

I don't personally think so. 19" looks perfect to me. Pics have been posted of 20" on Cutlass & GP's and I didn't think the size looked bad, the style is another matter. The Lumina posted with 20's looked horrible though, but they almost looked more like 22's to me.

yeah wont a 9.5 inch wheel rub like crazy in the wheel wells in the front?? and with 114.3 on a 115 pattern...dont u get vibration at speed??

i would prob go with 18s or 17 too...

TE37s....

le37b.jpg

Light and STRONG.

You can definately tell you guys grew up in the muscle car era.....or are extremely influenced by it. But there ARE better wheel options out now....bigger, stronger, lighter....all good things.

Screw anything envoling American Racing, Eagle, or Cragar......they are all big, heavy, expensive POS wheels.

yeah wont a 9.5 inch wheel rub like crazy in the wheel wells in the front?? and with 114.3 on a 115 pattern...dont u get vibration at speed??

i would prob go with 18s or 17 too...

They're staggered, 8.5" front, 9.5" rear.

The Lexus in the auction pics runs a 25.7" diameter tire stock, same as a TGP, so those wheels as pictured on that Lexus would have the same profile tires as you'd use on a TGP. Most other W-bodies run 26.2-26.6" tires, so you'd actually need a fatter sidewall than that Lexus has to match stock diameter. I don't think 19" is too big at all, looks-wise. The only thing I think is too big about 19's is the price of the tires.