the wires...

dikk

How the hell do i install my cd/mp3-player into the car? The physical installation in the dash is one thing, but it's the wiring aspect that's bugging me.

The cd-player has two iso-connectors (8 and 4 leads, think they're called that) but the stuff that goes to the factory deck is split up in three different pairs or something, you probably know what it looks like.

What would you suggest? Would it be better to cut the wires and try to match and solder them together, or is there any kind of adapter i can get that will make the iso and the factory-wires fit together? I have looked around the web for that but i don't know really...is this what i'm looking for: http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOGM02B ?

just get head deck install kit I have one in my 90 STE and it works Great...wires say what they are and you just put the ones from the HU to that wire and connect them.... my STE has 3 Plugs and my Kit only has one but all three fit into it...and they only go one way....what ever you do. do NOT Cut the wires just spend the $10 for the wire kit its easyer and nicer for when you want to upgrade your HU in the Future

Just looked at your link and that looks like the one that is in my GP and it works Great...you will have a dead Plug if you have wheel controls but it to fits in there so it doesnt just hangs..