coil over dissapointment

dohc v6

I'm running KYB's and think they're awesome. They really aren't any worse than stock Z34 springs as far as ride comfort goes. I definitely wish the KYB's and Eibach's were stiffer!

I will say that the FFP coilovers seem to be a step above HMS coilovers. I know someone with HMS coilovers. If he pushes down on the rear of the car with it sitting still the noise is unbearable- driving is worse!

Tim

so i took my strut out got the collars taped by a machine shop for 3more set screws and took the top mount out and cut it and put it on the bottom of the strut . i got all new set screw stain less steel very good. i can get them for every body and it is still loud. but i raised it up and it is a little quiter and the addco bar fits. but the sleeves are still waring. i think that the spring id is too small and it is not long enough. if you look at tein c/o you can see the difference they have a bellow over the strut rod and they have a small spring so that if you go over a bump the spring is always compressed. also the tein sleeves are all one assembely. i took some 15 thousand rubber nd put it between the strut and the sleeve t make it tighter and it seems to do a little . but basically the car is not designed to have c/o but you you are going to make them he should have made them the right way. these are like pieced together honda c/o. i hate them what can we do

Rear lowering leaf is probably the way to go.

I have no problems with my FAF spring except it didn't drop as much as I wanted, but the Birchmount company seems like they will work with you to get the drop you want.

we might be able to modify them. we need them to look more like tein coil overs so that they last longer and are more durable. we need to find a fix or buy flex a lite. so lets put our heads together and make it work

If he pushes down on the rear of the car with it sitting still the noise is unbearable- driving is worse!

Tim

sounds like my FFP's

I don't know what is wrong w/ everyones FFP's. I only have like 5K miles on them, but they don't make any noise.....

I did have to do lots of modifications to get the ADDCO bar to fit when i lowered ther rear 1". The lower clearance between the Lateral link arms and the increased diameter Bar made for lots of metal to metal banging and binding.

I did have to torch away part of the metal wheel well and move a brake line mount to get the noise to stop......

Now everything is kosher......except the ADDCO bar slid through the bushings and is now resting against the whell hub assembley thingy.....and transfers road noise.....but i just got done making some brackets at my job to clamp on the bar to keep it from sliding and i'm going to powdercoat them so they don't rust......

I'll post pics of everything i've done to the rear suspention and clearance modifications when the snow is gone and I pull the car out of storage.

so stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

ROTFLMFGDAO, HAHAHAH after all this searching, turns out that birchmount spring is like 5 miles from my house on birchmount avenue!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! damn its a small world, I figured it would be like ft lauderdale,fla or some shit like that as always (us poor canadians)