Windshield washer resorvoir

Carotop

Check JCWhitney for a universal bottle. Hitting up a boneyard and looking for different sized tanks is another option.

91-94 Cavaliers had the gigantic tank that mounted inside the fender with a long filler neck running up behind the headlight. Might be a good place to start...

There's a ton of 'em (Cavs) up at U-Pull R Parts in East Bethel...

Thy're a bitch to pull out!

I had to put a new one in my girlfriend's 93 Cav.

There is actually a TSB on them because the metal strap they used to hang it from rubbed into the reservoir and cut into it causing a leak when filled up about to the top. A new reservoir from GM comes with a nylon cover to prevent the rub leak. So if you get a used one, you might want to fill it while you're there to check for a leak.

Anyways, to take one out, you have to get into the fender well, ie take the left front tire off. there are two screws holding it onto the battery tray, so the battery must be removed too. after that there are two bolts holding the tank and the lower plastic intake pipe to the frame, loosen those, and the reservoir is coming out. Oh don't forget the screw at the top near the filler neck.

It was a lot harder to do than it first looked, and I had the car on a lift.

The tank in 90 Lumina is small as hell, just to let you know.. plus there's no "low washing fluid" sensor and hitting the washer fluid and nothing coming out and smearing mud everywhere isn't fun at all lol.

- Jeff L.

The tank in 90 Lumina is small as hell, just to let you know.. plus there's no "low washing fluid" sensor and hitting the washer fluid and nothing coming out and smearing mud everywhere isn't fun at all lol.

- Jeff L.

- Jeff L.

Where does the "Low Washer Fluid" sensor mount in the "normal" W-Body tank? None of my cars have such a thing.

1990lumina wrote:

- Jeff L.

Where does the "Low Washer Fluid" sensor mount in the "normal" W-Body tank? None of my cars have such a thing.

Well, someone had mentioned a tank from a early Lumina. I wasn't aware that any W-Bodies didn't have a low fluid sensor.. no big deal, just inconvient when you run out without prior warning.. I guess I'm under the hood of my Lumina so often now looking for the causes of new sounds that I should be checking everything else...

Thanks for pointing that out to me though, interesting!

- Jeff L.

Aaron, do you have anything besides the front screws holding up the washer tank(looks kinda like it's resting on your intake pipe, but maybe it's a tad bit higher...can't tell from the small pic)?

I guess you could say it is resting on the intake, but its weight isn't on the intake. From the factory it rested on the battery, so it is kinda the same setup. I just set it in place, it fits in nicely, then push those screw thingies in to hold it form moving around. It is pretty secure IMO, plus it helps the intake look like a real clean install. On the battery tray I mounted the front horn, and in front of the intake just resting on the battery tray is the vacuum canister.