Subwoofer Boxes

Puggsley456

Whats the dimensions of the sub boxes you guys are using? I am trying to design a box for a 15 inch sub in my 94 cuttybut the small trunck lid and opening doesn't give me much in the way of options to fit it in there.

can i ask why a 15 inch sub? if u want tight bass i would go with a 10. Just curious..... Later Jay

oh and if u want to know what size box to use, give me the specs on the sub or look it up at the manufacturer's website

I am going to a 15 because I want one of elemental designs 16Kv.2's.($135) I already have my plans drawn up but the thing is I cant fit a very large box into my trunk and thats why I ask what everyone has, and more importantly how did you get it in the trunk. I only seem to have 16 inches in height.

I am going to a 15 because I compete in my local DB Drag copmititions.

if i were you i'd buy a kicker l7 12. I hate kicker, the sound is sloppy, but loud as hell. Or hell go with adire audio $$$, but worth every penny. ( http://www.adireaudio.com/) I have 2 12's in my custom made box by me and my cousin.

If u are going for db drag then just make a box that the companys sub calls for, maybe make the box so the sub fires up, so u can get the box with enough cubic feet to make it sound right.

I see that you are @ 139 db's right now, with the right box, sub and amp with one 12 you can go far beyond that. look at http://www.diamondaudio.com/MobileAudio/index.cfm?page=Subwoofers#

you have to pay to play and i would suggest getting the right set up, and not having 5 different set ups, like i have done and wasted so much money.

Just my .02 cents on your situation. Later Jay

http://search.ebay.com/diamond-audio_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQsosortorderZ2QQsosortpropertyZ3QQsotrtypeZ1QQsotrvalueZ1

I am not so much worried about competeong. I will compete but its not the reaoning behind this. Right now I am looking at a 2.4 Ft^3 box before all displacements(16 high*12 deep*29wide). It will be ported. I am woried though. If I do end up placing the sub firing up, the quality of sound I will have. Everything I've had has always been rear facing.

And I am a loyal Elemental Designian, and from what I am told the 16kv.2 should be a bit louder and have better SQ than my current setup. So the driver I am using is of no question to me I am just worried about performance in relation to the limited size that I can make my sub box.

That one guy put in that 32" sub in his Monte, he's made a few posts about the sub, I'll find his screen name and maybe you can PM him, I thought it was amazing he got that box and that big of a sub into that trunk...

- Jeff L.

27.5"x35"x15.5" (LxWxH) in a my cousins '92 Regal sedan. Was a real pita to force in there but a few well placed kicks and a little help from some pry bars, and no one will ever get that box out again (including us, LOL). Way overkill but it sounds awesome even though he's running a pair of 12" explodes, they face forward to the ported rear seat.

386684_150_full.jpg

why not do a fiberglass box molded to the left or right side of your trunk area i made one for a 1992 lumina euro and fit a kicker 18 inch in it with out a problem.

:roll: ....why do people put huge subwoofers in cars when it only

adds bass and makes it go slower....id say go with 12's and

dont overdoo it with somthing like a 24in speaker.

:shock: thats very nice sonyman...i'd like to build my box like that when i go to put subs in the cutty...i can't stand when subs take up the whole trunk...your setup looks very nice!!...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sub is a Pioneer Premier 12" which is designed for a sealed enclosure. I managed to fit it perfectly in a box meant for a 10" speaker with help from the jigsaw. Measurements came to the right specs for the woofer. I guess my point is that you CAN make 12"s fit just like Sonyman did there.. and it will take up way less space in the trunk then a 15" would.

Whats the dimensions of the sub boxes you guys are using? I am trying to design a box for a 15 inch sub in my 94 cuttybut the small trunck lid and opening doesn't give me much in the way of options to fit it in there.

Bulid it in the trunk so you can use all the space you have and do not have to worry about the opening. I have done it before.