radio wiring

Trep

Went to the junk yard today, so I could get a few things including a section of the radio wire harness because the one in my car is all cut except for the steering wheel controls. When I started looking at the wires is my car and at the ones I picked up today, the first thing I noticed is that there are 3 yellow wires. How am I supposed to know which one is which, hooking up the rest should be simple. I just don't want to hook them and have something go wrong.

Well, first thing I thought of was air bag wiring is usally yellow or something, but I'm unsure if you have airbags... other then that the three wires at least have some type of strip down the side??

- Jeff L.

Well, first thing I thought of was air bag wiring is usally yellow or something, but I'm unsure if you have airbags... other then that the three wires at least have some type of strip down the side??

- Jeff L.

There is no airbag in his car.

Its been awhile since I've been there, but try http://the12volt.com/ .

- Jeff L.

No airbags, my car didn't come with that option. All the wires are solid colors from what I saw.

Well I tried hooking up all the radio wires back to the stock harness tonight, and after a couple hours of hooking it up & testing, I got the radio working all perfect. After reading around trying to read to figure out which yellow wire was which and got nowhere, I did it my way, which was hook up one at a time til they all worked in their correct location. My way probably wasn't the best way, but I had no problems doing it that way.