I am becoming unhinged...

JPaganel

I stopped by a body shop to find out why my doors don't close tight enough to keep the whistling of the wind out. They told me my hinges were shot and it's $250 to do one door.

Anybody here ever replace the hinges? How do you do that?

Either my hinge pins or the hinges themselves need replaced. Both doors sag pretty badly.

Let me know how it goes, it's another project on my 'to do' list for this spring/summer

I'm not paying those guys $500 :lol: Are you kidding me?

Anyways, they said the whole hinge needs to be replaced. I assume that involves unbolting them. Looks to be a PITA.

Whaa??? That's ridiculous. I think a set of hinges is around $35, at least that's what I paid.

Now this is funny... hinge pin bushings CAN be removed, there are instructions to do this in the service manual, but replacements CANNOT be purchased, so I don't even know why they bothered to mention it in the service manual.

Anyway, the way you replace the hinges is with the door SHUT. You apply masking tape over the gaps so you can keep the door aligned. Then remove the wheel and the plastic fender liner. You then change each hinge one at a time through the wheel well.