Broke a bolt! OH CRAP!!!!!

OldsmoBeast

I had my plenum off earlier and when i was putting it back on, i was tightening the bolts on my plenum andi guess i overtightened a little because all of a sudden one of the ones in the front BROKE! i'm pretty freaked.....i know it prolly won't have too much of an effect but how do i get the broken bolt out? i'm so pissed at myself for doing that!

Now you have an excuse to buy more tools. You need to get it out but be careful. Drill a small hole in what is left of the stud, not to enlarge the original hole. Get an "Easy-out" and back it out. Its that simple and a set of those are about $20-$30 at sears.

good luck

==95GTP

First I would pull the plenum back off and see if there's enough left of the bolt that you can just use pliers or vise-grips to get it out.

If it's completely below the level of the surface, then I think an easy out is your only alternative (other than drilling it out and helicoiling it).

k thanks everyone. I'm gonna leave it in for now and i might get to it on saturday or sunday but if not this weekend, i'll prolly have to wait till after exams...... :roll: stupid frikken exams.