e-brake idea

KING JOKER

Guest TurboSedan

W-body e-brakes suck balls!!!

i upgraded to '94+ rear brakes, and now have no e-brake. not a good thing when you have a manual transmission....so the '88-'93 style rear brakes are going back on :? and i can once again have that crappy ass foot e-brake :? whoever is responsible at GM for designing that foot e-brake needs a swift kick in the ass.

I was thinkin' about doin' this in my Z-34, I was going to look either into the L body's (Beretta/Corsica) or into the J-body's (sunbird/cavalier) IIRC most of the N bodies have a foot-e-brake too.

--Dave.

I was thinkin' about doin' this in my Z-34, I was going to look either into the L body's (Beretta/Corsica) or into the J-body's (sunbird/cavalier) IIRC most of the N bodies have a foot-e-brake too.

--Dave.

I'm pretty sure my buddies alero has a hand brake.

My friends 97 grand am se has a foot brake, shit you cant shut off the driving lights without having the ebrake set one click, lol no good for when your out late getting into trouble and dont want to be seen.

My friends 97 grand am se has a foot brake, shit you cant shut off the driving lights without having the ebrake set one click, lol no good for when your out late getting into trouble and dont want to be seen.

It's not a 97 then. The 96-98's had hand brakes.

I was reading an artiical in ME magazine and there is a car that they used a hydrolic ram to set the ebrake.. A small switch that normaly would be used for windows was used to control the ram.

... okay, so I was just in my buddy's '00 Grand Am last night, and I have to admit - I was wrong, he's got a Hand E-Brake.. it spooked the hell outta me when I realized I was wrong.

Sorry 'bout that.

--Dave.

... okay, so I was just in my buddy's '00 Grand Am last night, and I have to admit - I was wrong, he's got a Hand E-Brake.. it spooked the hell outta me when I realized I was wrong.

Sorry 'bout that.

--Dave.

I told you damn it! :lol:

Sorry 'bout that.

--Dave.

I told you damn it! :lol:

... yeah, shuttup.. LOL

--Dave.

• 2 months later...