VIN Decoding? Mostly production numbers

Bossman429

Has anyone ever tried to find out what number their TGP or TSTE is out of the 3500 or 1000?

The VIN sequence number on my STE is: 288348 and was manufactured in 04/90. I Always wondered what number it is out of the 1000.

Maybe if we knew what number they started at? but they're mixed. I'm sure they didn't stop regular GP production to mill out 3500 TGPs to send to ASC.

Eh...just a curiosity.

There isn't no good way in going about finding out your production number on your TGP being that it seems that GM randomly pulled SE's off the line to make into TGP's(since all our Vin #'s aren't sequential). The last 6 digits of the your VIn represent the "Plant Sequential Number."

EDIT: I think the only way you'd get an idea of your number would be to have every Vin for every TGP produced. :wink: We need someone w/ the DMV or access to records like those to look up all the Grand Prix "McLarens" and/or "SE Turbos" since they appear differently on insurance statements/titles in different states...so I would assume the DMV records would show up with some as McLaren's and others as SE Turbo's.