Factory Radio/Speaker Question

Robby1870

I searched and couldnt find the answer, although I know its been discussed before. Anyway, Ive been getting some feedback from the alternator in my speakers (a nice whine that varies with rpms only when the radio is on). Is this even fixable? I need new speakers anyway, so would that solve it? TIA

I remember reading a TSB for 1986 Chevy Celebrity describing the same problem, it said that you need you need to make a new ground for the radio at the back. Just disconnect the stock one and run a wire to the chassis.

My Lumina does that also, everything electrical can be heard through the speakers.. I just replaced my alternator. I can hear the egnine when revving, windows, windshield wipers, etc.

My friend's dad who is a journeyman mechanic said that a capacitor is worn out, but he couldn't remember where.. so I left it t that because he told me I won't hurt anything be not fixing it, just annoying in the rain lol!

- Jeff L.

unbolt/clean/tighten as many ground bolts as you can find. Next would be possibly the amp itself. It's been known to happen. I think I replaced the amp on a radio once because of that!

EDIT: It was THIS CAR. There was a little bit of feedback when the original radio was in. I don't get it with this CD player.

I think I'll assume its the deck and just save money and buy an aftermarket head unit and the SWI-X thing so my radio controls work. Head unit ideas anyone? besides the Pioneer DEH-P77DH? I'd like to be able to play mp3's, but it has to be 1.5 DIN.......

I think I'll assume its the deck and just save money and buy an aftermarket head unit and the SWI-X thing so my radio controls work. Head unit ideas anyone? besides the Pioneer DEH-P77DH? I'd like to be able to play mp3's, but it has to be 1.5 DIN.......

Alpine makes those! But pay out your sphincter!

I've got a nice 1.5 DIN alpine I'd be happy to sell you, as well as a Soundgate SWI-X unit. But, I don't have a remote for the Alpine, so you'd have to track one down before you were able to program the SWI-X.

I honestly wish I would have kept the Pioneer DEH-P77DH that I had, but I'm wanting to go back to the stock factory look as I'm getting out of the 'loud as hell' stereo system phase of my life.

The alt noise, from what I gather, if you have the factory cassette deck, it's an inherant problem with those decks. My fiancee's was doing the same thingin her TGP before I dropped in an aftermarket Pioneer. Even using the same ground, the noise wasn't there.