Climate Control Swap

terryk2003

I love how ppl leave like 3 hours for someone to respond.

Davis has done it, if he doesn't see this, you can PM him.

i did the 1988-1994 ECC Swap Brian P has on his site.....

im no help on the newer style interiors....

Sorry

:? ...DAMN... :roll: ...thanx for noticing the thread anywayz... :wink:

you wouldn't HAVE to change the airbox. but then you wouldn't have dual zone, since the dz airbox had two seperate doors on top of the airbox. and you would have to plug the driver's side motor plug into the passenger's side. other than that it's just finding the wiring diagrams. i've been looking for them for months now, but noone has been able to help me

you wouldn't HAVE to change the airbox. but then you wouldn't have dual zone, since the dz airbox had two seperate doors on top of the airbox. and you would have to plug the driver's side motor plug into the passenger's side. other than that it's just finding the wiring diagrams. i've been looking for them for months now, but noone has been able to help me

well...if i DO this, which i really want to!...i would want it all to work as if my car came factory with the setup!...so, if that ment changing the airbox, i guess i'll have to find one!...ANYONE KNOW how hard it is to change!? ...or location!? :roll:

BumP...also, wanted to add...if anyone has a factory service manual or knows where i can get one, please let me know :wink:

Why dont you just go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual?

soooOOO...the steering wheel controls control the drivers side of the dual climate control!?...and that lil knob on the passenger door controls the passenger side!?... :?

my steering wheel controls are climate control and radio control...they aren't required for the dual zones, but are definitely a bonus...

soooOOO...the steering wheel controls control the drivers side of the dual climate control!?...and that lil knob on the passenger door controls the passenger side!?... :?

the passenger just controls the temp coming out their side of the vents

BumP...also, wanted to add...if anyone has a factory service manual or knows where i can get one, please let me know :wink:

Why dont you just go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual?

cause i need wiring diagrams from cars with and without the dual zone controls, along with some exploded views so i can figure out what i need and what wires go where, etc... :roll:...AND, i've looked at some of the chilton and haynes books a bit, and they really don't tell you much...@ least no where near as much as a factory service manual would!

I agree with not getting a haynes or chilton manual for something like this.. they're ok for basic things, but once you want to go into an in depth project (especially wiring) fuhgettaboutit

My Chilton has all the wiring diagrams, but I can see where your coming from here.

they don't have complete wiring diagrams for the entire car. they're so fucking small too.