clear cutty turn lense

toastemcutlass

Hey cutty fans I made a clear turn signal lense for my car and before I make the other one would like to know if it looks good. not sure if it looks good or if it looks good because of all the work that went in to it. Please be honest. keep in mind the car is covered in salt from the damn snow so its kind of dirty and the sun was in a weird position so the pic is not that good. Let me know and thanx. Jan06#22.JPG?dc=4675404297164994863

unfortunatley that was the best out of about 17 different angles and lengths. it was just too sunny out. will try to get another on a over cast day.

to answer the question about how i made it. first I bought a 12x12 in sheet of 1/8 inch lucite(placie glass) from the hardware store. then I picked out a patern that I liked from the drop down celine light covers( like ones in offices). after that i did the hardest part for me which was cut the inside and outside edge of the light with a die grinder and cut off wheel. just leaving the frame to hold the new lense. next i measured the old lense and cut the lucite out. then took a heat gun and with in seconds the plastic bent in to the right shape. then I painted the frame of the old light white and cut out the celine light cover to lay flat on the base and cut a hole for the light to go through. then cut another peice to go under the lense itself. then I used five minute clear epoxy and (after measuring the placement of the lense on the frame) glued it on. this weekend I went to the car wash and it with stood the test so I'm happy. Well Like I said it was a lot of work but it looks professional. any other questions just write me. p.s. will try to get better photos.

I think it could be done. go to http://www.dykz34.com and look at the lumina. the owner did it to that one and it is the same type of lens. I believe all you would have to do is take the lens apart and take out the orange peice and replace it with the celine lens.

i did it to my 89 cutty all i did was take the lens apart took the orange piece out and then i just glued some of the ceiling stuff in there and glued it all back together and mine look great . only advice is that you should use a dremmel tool or some sort of cutting tool to cut it out i used a flat head screw driver and i broke the one lens apart so i bought a new set so be careful

did you look at the previous post. I pretty much listed every thing. I would buy the pieces first then take off on of the lenses and basically trace it carefully. if anybody has following questions try buying the parts and I will help you as you go. not that hard but alot of steps.