Tell me what you think

Robby1870

I found 1.6:1 ratio rocker arms for my 3.1L and the set is $139. The guy from Comp Cams said about +10-15 HP. Do you guys think it is worth it?? I would rather do this than a cam that is way too much work. I'll have to wait til I get my income taxes back. Just curious what y'all thought. My other option would be 62mm throttle body.

go for it. I just want to mention that it is not that much more work to change out the cam. You will have to take the upper and lower intake off anyways, so you might as well do the cam while you are at it.

Before you button the engine up and crank it over with the started, check to make sure your valve clearance is OK. Otherwise, you'll end up with a lot of bent valves.

Has anyone on this sight done this? I'd be interested in doing it too. Also, is it true that Lift is more important on a fuel injected car than duration? Due to the fact that the carb is always working, therefore duration is key, where as the FI car is getting a quick jet of mixture, so more lift would allow more of the mixture in?

my buddy put 1.6 rollers and it made a big difference. he also had ported upper and lower intake as well as other things but, when my 3.4 was stock he almost kept up and that is good for the 3.1 and it was a sedan

-akthra

what you said makes sense. That is what I assumed, which is why I am going to do this. I in a magazine where they installed 1.9:1 rockers on an L67 and it gave about 25HP at the wheels. They installed the same rockers on the N/A 3.8 and it gave about 13-15Hp at the wheels. Those are decent gains, and I know the rockers for the 3.1 are a smaller ratio, but seeing that article made me choose to do this. It will be a few months before I have time to do this, my income tax refund will help pay for it, so it will be maybe march, april or even may before I do this. If anyone gets it done before me let me know how it went.

-toastemcutlass

how hard was it for your buddy to port the manifolds?? And, more importantly, how much did it cost?? If I could my GP runnin with stock 3.4s that would be awesome.

my buddy put 1.6 rollers and it made a big difference. he also had ported upper and lower intake as well as other things but, when my 3.4 was stock he almost kept up and that is good for the 3.1 and it was a sedan

Was that engine otherwise stock (the 3.1 liter)???? Please let me know asap