Passenger door won't open

88GrandPrixLE

This is just my luck. I just got done replacing the passenger door handle, because my old one broke, and had the door working great. The next day I show my girlfriend how well it is working, and the darn thing doesn't open. It doesn't even open from the inside now.

I can hear everything inside of the door like it should be working, but it just doesn't release. I tried locking and unlocking it, but that doesn't help either. It sounds like the lock and unlock is working as well, but still nothing.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. I am kinda screwed because I can't take the panel off and look inside the door with it closed. This might be the straw that broke the camels back...

Thanks.

My driver door on my 91 z34 is the same way. You should be able to get the panel off move the seat forward and back and some small tools and shit but you can do it. The mechanism inside the door doesnt engage/disengage fully. If ya get a long screwdriver and pop it open it will work fine. Mine does the same thing the lock unlock works fine but if you grab the inside or outside door handle while it is locked it moves it and wont open. Big pain in the ass. If for soem reason you cant get the door panel off i could also get mine to work by hitting the outside of the door in the area of the latch while pulling the handle that worked too.