Winter is almost here

Guest Gp crazy

Guest Gp crazy

What size winter tire's can I run on my ste :( of course due to the sudden death of my GP se I need to run the ste all winter :evil: but I have 215-60-16 & would like to run 215-75-15 steel rims can I do this? Are they the same height?

Thanks jeff b

I am going to run 15" wheels (from my 88 GP) on my 95 in the winter. Not sure what sized tires exactly though. I *think* I got 2 wheels that are 215-75-15, they were off a van, but they're Michelin X1s 8) . So I'd just need 2 more.. maybe true winter tires and put them in the front.

I also want to get a nice greasey undercoating done too.

Guest Gp crazy

InanimateDecay Wrote

i can't afford winter tires...damn you all

do you have a pick n pull yard around you? & if not look around you may find a Salvage Yard that may have a pair sitting around for dirt cheap look them over for cracks & holes!

Go with 205/70/15's if you want to keep your speedometer accurate :wink: . They always tell you to "minus one" (the opposite of "plus one," or from 215/60/16 down to 205/70/15 :D ) the tire size when you choose winter tires...

Doesent that suck like driving on ice??? It seems like you would have no control. Ive never drivin in extreme conditions, only rain about 10 times.

Well isn't that special, do you want a cookie? lol Driving in snow can be a lot of fun. the worst is freezing rain that turns to snow at night. that sucks dick big time.

Doesent that suck like driving on ice??? It seems like you would have no control. Ive never drivin in extreme conditions, only rain about 10 times.

Well isn't that special, do you want a cookie? lol Driving in snow can be a lot of fun. the worst is freezing rain that turns to snow at night. that sucks dick big time.

I once slid around a corner on black ice with my '88 (not speeding either :P ) but luckly GPs are tanks and it just bumped off the metal fence guard thing and no damage :thumbsup:

I once slid around a corner on black ice with my '88 (not speeding either :P ) but luckly GPs are tanks and it just bumped off the metal fence guard thing and no damage :thumbsup:

I was powerbraking it at a stop light in my 240SX...hit a patch of black ice after it went green....did a nice 180 in the middle of the road...saw ford explorer headlights coming straight at me :lol: