Another flat tire? Ughhh!

Kalgorn

RSA cop tires any different than regular RSA's? The reviews on 1010tires.com and tirerack.com for RSA's is just pitiful.

Not to mention they have sidewall integrity problems around 10-15k miles.

I've actually had surprisingly good luck with Pep Boys Futura tires. Not sure who makes them, but they work great.

you're gonna flip: Futura is all made by...

COOPER!!!

The RSA bad reviews are mostly from VW owners, I could give 2 craps what they think since their car is nothing like mine. They need a SOFT tire. The cops get the V-rated RSA's but I dont think there's any other difference.

Ahahah, really?

I guess I'd better not say anything bad about Cooper then, because I've had super luck with Futuras. I actually liked the old bottom-of-the-line tire the best, the one that cost $43 in 225/60R16 and had a 560AA rating. The one I put on the ass end of my Cutlass WAY back in the 90's (I'm thinking 96 or 97) still has at least 90% tread left! They've since discontinued that tire and I had to get their current low-end tire ($56 each) which is a 380AA tire, but I don't have any complaints. Worst tires I've EVER owned were General XP2000II or something like that. Squealing and sidewall collapse on every turn. I don't know if General is still around, but man did they suck!

I bought some low-mileage V-rated RSA's off Ebay in 245/45R18 size, and they ALL had severe sidewall cracking on the side that faces in despite having less than 20k miles on them. I remember seeing quite a few reviews about cracked sidewalls and blowouts, looks like my tires were affected. These are stock tires on the Maxima SE, so I asked on a Maxima forum if anyone else has cracks, and sure enough, it seems to be an epidemic. It wasn't a total loss, I talked the seller into a partial refund and Goodyear will give me $500 credit on the prorated warranty, in fact, I'm planning to pick up my new tires today, but I don't know if I want to use them for fear of having to replace them again in a year or so. I still would have to pay $300 to replace them since they're $800 tires.

I've actually been thinking to go with Essenza tires that are constantly on sale on Ebay. Nice and cheap, cool looking tread for all-season M+S rated tires, 400AA rating, and manufactured by Goodyear (although I'm not sure if that's good or not).

On my old chrysler I went and got a set of Douglas tires from Wal-Mart. $17.95 each... LOL. talk about shitty-ass tires. But i got the protection plan on them. Any problems and i bring em back, Wal-Mart replaces them for free! So for damn cheap i get to beat the shit out of my tires w/ no concequences... haha

And come to think of it, i never did have a problem with them. Probably put 25,000 miles on them.

hell last monday i got a hole in my right rear tire and on friday morning i came out and my left rear tire had a hole in it had em bolth replaced but it cost me like 150 dollars then this monday my cat backed up and it cost me another $125 this damn car is getting expensive

I don't know why you're worried. Dont buy the CHEAP TIRES and you won't have any problems. I put a set of Futura Touring HR's on my sister's '93 Cutlass Sedan ($60 each), it's been about 30,000 miles worth of driving and:

-they're wearing down very slowly, and evenly

-no tread or sidewall cracking, etc

-rated for 60+k miles

and I can vouch the fact that pepboys does take it up the ass with tire warranties and treadlife warranty. $6 per tire gives you 100% flat repair coverage and prorated blowout coverage, for the life of the tires. And if your stores are anything like mine, theyre very generous with discounting replacement tires should you need them. As much as I don't agree with the company, they do take care of their customers.

i don't have the money for good tires. $400 or $500 on tires for a car worth 2 grand is too much for me.

i just won't buy a tire made by Cooper

what other brands of tire does Cooper make?