Another flat tire? Ughhh!

Kalgorn

Yes... another one. I just replaced my left rear tire a few months ago. Now I have to replace my right rear. Looks to have bulged or something because there is a 4x3" spot where the tread is flat on the tire. I walked out of my apartment and noticed it was completely flat. So now I have to hope that I can get it replaced tomorrow morning before I have to go to class. I should be able to get one of the tire shops around here to replace it. There's quite a few.

The brand of the tire was Cooper. I thought Coopers were actually good tires too...

Well now I have a Kelly tire or summat... and there's no way I was going to buy a tire off a website for this time. I couldn't wait. I have class today and don't feel like taking backroads to school.

The tire ran me about $115 total and that's with a 12,000mi/12month warranty on it.

and there's no way I was going to buy a tire off a website for this time. I couldn't wait. I have class today and don't feel like taking backroads to school.

FWIW: discounttire has stores across a lot of the country....I there are like 10 of them around me....

Oh and apparently Firestone fucked up when they picked out the last tire I replaced. They put on a W rated tire even though I had all T rated on it. So I had 1 W rated and 3 T rated.

When I went to get this tire replaced the guy went out to look at the tires so he could get the size and speed rating. He came back in and told me about the ratings that are on it right now and told me it's not good to mix side-to-side ratings. He said front and back aren't a big deal but you're supposed to try to keep all the same. I assumed Firestone wouldn't be dumbasses... I've never had that problem before. Well he looked to see if he had any W rated at the shop a while. He had two types... one as $149/each and the other was $156/each. Hell no. He found a V rated but he couldn't get it until tomorrow so I said no. I told him just to go with an H since that's the next best.

So now I have 2 T rated, 1 W rated, and 1 H rated. I don't ever plan to go to Firestone again. :roll:

Cooper's are crap

i had a Cooper blow out on me a about a year back. i didn't hit a curb or pothole or anything, just blew out at 40 mph. no reason at all, just decided to blow out. it was raining that day too, i was squatting down in a mud puddle changing it while nobody wondered why i was pulled over with my flashers on, i was fucking pissed.

my Cooper's didn't hold air either. after a couple weeks, they'd be down to 20 psi or so

COOPER = SHIT

Lifeliner II's

we also have Lifeliner II's on the front wheels of our Thunderbird, and they're starting to flat spot and dry rot. WTF? they're only a couple years old, and the car is driven regularly

piece of shit tires, i tell ya.

my Cooper's didn't hold air either. after a couple weeks, they'd be down to 20 psi or so

That's probably why they blew out.

Underinflated tires is the primary cause of blowout.

Lifeliner CLASSIC II?? SLE?

The Classic II is a pile of shit, yes.

yeah that's it, Lifeliner Classic II.

good treadwear rating, thats about it. they won't last long enough to wear down the tread.

it's funny, my cheapass Mastercraft tires hold air pretty good, no blowouts yet, while my Coopers were horrible.

oh well, if i had a car that i actually cared about and actually put out some performance i'd only have Goodyears or BFG's.

how old were your tires when the first one blew?

genereally when one goes the one on the oppsite side isint far behind and as a general rule you should replace tires in 2s never just 1 at a time.

Dont ever trust the shop to tell you what you need or what you should get. Do the research and walk in knowing what you want and how much you should pay. Otherwise your bound to get skrewed in one way or another.

Ive been through various brands and types Yokohama, Assuro, Cooper, Michilen, Goodyear, General.

Right now im on Goodyear Eagle GAs with a 235 tread width. They grip nice but damn are they noisy. I like my Yokohamas but they were super soft and wore down very quickly. The Assuros and Coopers were cheap stopgaps becasue I was broke at the time. They held up ok for what I paid.

I think I may try another Michilien line again as even though they tend to be expensive they lastest the longest for me though I dont remeber what kind I had.

I tend to be pretty hard on tires (doing 1320 runs at the track with 25psi, hard cornering, dougnuts in the winter and on any grass field I come across) so I go through a set about every 30-40k

they were 2 or 3 years old, had less than 20 K on them

i put a new tire on the one that blew, then i had a rear tire develop a huge sidewall buldge, yet i never rubbed against a curb or anything. replaced that mofo too. 2 strikes against the Coopers.

i got rid of the Coopers all together when i blew 3 tires in a seperate incident, which was my fault. still, i wasn't happy with all the shit those tires pulled, so i just tried another cheap brand.

although my Mastercraft's are not a performance tire by any means, i haven't had any problems with them. they're quiet, ride decently, and are alright in rain. i'll see how they're in snow.

i'm not fond of Michelin tires, at least their truck tires. i don't have any experience with their car line, but their truck tires blow ass. my mom's pos '99 E150 came with Michelins from the factory, and they sucked ass. they rode good for a truck tire, but the rear end of the van would break loose and dance around at any speed over 25 mph in snow. the van had a limited-slip diff too, i know locking is better but it's better than open. the tread wore down quickly too.

tired of that bullshit, my pop's put some Goodyear Wranglers on it and they were much better in snow. they weren't as quiet, but the van drove much safer in bad weather. in snow, you could actually keep the rear end in line over 25 mph.

I'll second that Cooper tires are shitty. I have two for my front tires and the left one constantly loses 3 psi a week. I can tell because my car pulls to the left when this happens. I have BFs on the back, so far they have been good, I don't know what brand of tire to buy next time as I'll have to buy a set of 4 in about 7,000K. Might try some Kumhos. My dad has them on his Taurus, seem to do the job and have lasted past there 60,000K warranty.

- Jeff L.

"you people" just need to learn to buy a respectable tire, not this cheap shit. Which car would I rather drive, the one with the SumoTumo's, or the one with the RSA cop tires? LOL