Speaker Grilles

terryk2003

does anyone know if the little speaker grilles for the TWEETER's on the cars with PREMIUM sound are part of the door panel, or are they separate?...if they're separate pieces, does anyone have a part number for em?...my cutlass doesnt have the premium sound, but i'm planning on getting Infintity Kappa 5 1/4 Components for my doors and i wanted to get some factory speaker grilles for the tweeters so they look factory...so, if anyone can help it'd be great...thanx...

Wait a sec...does that mean that the ones with "premium sound" had the little tweeter things in the door? Or did they all have the little tweeter cover things...I know mine has the big cover and the small cover but what is this "premium sound"? mind you, I am a little drunk..

the ones with the "premium sound" have the tweeters...i believe the ones with the higher end radio's such as CD players & CD/Cassettes came with the premium sound which has 6 speakers, and a factory AMP...MY CAR only has 4 speakers BUT i'm wanting to know if those lil tweeter grilles in the front doors are part of the door panel, or are they separate?...if they're separate, i'd like to get a part # for them so i can order some for my car... :wink:

I see...well i've never had my door panel off yet...but if i do find out I'll let you know...I always thought that those little tweeters were fake and there was just a 4x6 behind that little space...who knows! maybe I have a 6-spk!

lol

haha... :lol: ..no...i don't think those are faKE...i'm pretty sure there should be a 5 1/4 behind the big grille and a tweeter behind the smaller one...(i could be wrong...but i don't think so!) :wink:

Okay well next time I have some free time I'll check it out...see that would make sense, but the assholes at Future Shop or Best Buy (can't remember) told me that they were fake..and i was like "hey, they deal with this shit all the time" so I beleived em. I'll look into that.

Thanks dude

YK

mkay, from what I remember, the 6 speaker setup was standard in '97 anyway. They ARE removeable, but you have to quote "get it from behind" the door panel. But also the stock tweeters hold the grille into place. Perhaps you can get it to stay in with aftermarkets. There's also a "cut here line" on the back of the panel. Anyway, I'm going to be checking into this as well, I'm going to the dealer some time this week as I found out they still made blue interiors in '97. I'll return with part #'s

mkay, from what I remember, the 6 speaker setup was standard in '97 anyway. They ARE removeable, but you have to quote "get it from behind" the door panel. But also the stock tweeters hold the grille into place. Perhaps you can get it to stay in with aftermarkets. There's also a "cut here line" on the back of the panel. Anyway, I'm going to be checking into this as well, I'm going to the dealer some time this week as I found out they still made blue interiors in '97. I'll return with part #'s

well, the 6 speaker setup is NOT STANDARD in '97, as my car is a '97 and only has 4 speakers...and, i saw the circle in the back of the door panel, thats what kinda made me think that there was a chance of the tweeter grille being a separate piece...But, thanx...and HOPEFULLY you can get me those part #'s!!!! :wink:

Not standard? Damn, so much for that. I sure hope GM makes these grilles in colors. Ever try to find matching interior paint? NOT easy

haha..WELL..i gotz bad news for ya...they arent in color...they're BLACK...cause i went to the local dealer to get the part number for those tweeter grilles, and instead of lookin em up for a car with premium sound...the parts lady used MY VIN...so, the part number i got was for the 5 1/4's...well, i ordered the grilles from gmpartsdirect.com along with some other parts i needed (not knowing they werent the right parts) and i ended up getting the bigger grilles and they're SPECIAL order and can't be sent black...BUT...THEY'RE BLACK...soooOOO...what i'm thinkin of doing...since mine are tan, is replacing mine with the black grilles and black tweeter grilles...cause i don't think it will look bad since the trim around the door handles are black...i think it'll look alright!...

that blue interior is very inique!... i kinda like it!...also, YOUR CAR IS SWEET MAN!!...its kinda interesting though, cause i found my car on AUTOTRADER as well...lOl...@ a dealer about 40 miles from me! but...anywayz...back to the subject...if ya get the the part #'s for the tweeter grilles let me know...THANX.. :wink:

that blue interior is very inique!... i kinda like it!...also, YOUR CAR IS SWEET MAN!!...its kinda interesting though, cause i found my car on AUTOTRADER as well...lOl...@ a dealer about 40 miles from me! but...anywayz...back to the subject...if ya get the the part #'s for the tweeter grilles let me know...THANX.. :wink:

At the time it was the ONLY local '95-97 coupe for sale on a public listing (March-April of this year) including newspapers, online- cars.com, autotrader, etc. There mighta been one other but the seller was asking well over 3 bones. I've also never seen blue interior with bucket seats, so I had to go there to see for myself. LOL I'm normally not a fan of blue, but GM did it nicely since they didnt add any sort of "green" or "country blue" color like Fords/Lincoln likes to do. Thanks for the words though.

I'm going to visit Atlantic Chevy on thursday and check more into the grilles.

I know that the Concert Sound II tweeter grilles on my 89 Regal GS are seperate from the doo panel, they just attach in the back. I don't know if the PREMIUM sound and the Concert sound were the same set up.

I'm going to visit Atlantic Chevy on thursday and check more into the grilles

well...its thursday, i was just wondering if you made it to the dealer today!?...and if so, what'd you find out!?

• 4 months later...
I know that the Concert Sound II tweeter grilles on my 89 Regal GS are seperate from the doo panel, they just attach in the back. I don't know if the PREMIUM sound and the Concert sound were the same set up.

:werd:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just removed my 2 tweeters and grills to put in Kenwood p503's in my 95 Cutlass Supreme Convertible front doors. I will take pic's and show you how I cut a hole in the grilles and put the mounting from the Kenwood tweeters inside of it. The ring from the p503's was maybe a 16th of an inch bigger than the circumferece of the hole when the factory grill was removed. So what i did was cut the middle of the factory tweeter grilles to fit the Kenwood tweeters. Looks sweet and they are swivel tweeters so you can aim them where you want.

I am selling the factory tweeters also if anyone is interested. I also have the backing plate to which the grills and the tweeters get fastened to.