What do you guys think?

SmoothSteve3

Yeah.....I haven't really thought of going bigger than 16's....

I am kindof worried that they might look out of place a bit....but who knows. When I put them on, I'll also be getting a new paint job, and hopefully some other cosmetic stuff....

Off topic but I grew up in Overland Park.....long ago. I went to many schools there. Parents were movers.

Shawano Elementary

East Antioch elementary

Dorthy Moody Elementary

Osage Elementary

Overland Park Elementary

Broadmore Junior high. "Broadmore Bruins"

Lived out on quovira Road.

7216 Santa Fe dr.

54?? walmer st

8623 Goodman dr.

Apt. on Lowel St near Overland park Elementary.

Used to go to Medcaf south shopping mall

Glenwood manor movie theatre

King Louie West bowling..

OPK pool...

etc.

Sorry, memory lane.....left Opk in 1975 for the great white north.

i like my 17s, but i haven't seem too many 18s. I saw a 2000 GT with 18 077 wheels and 245/45/r18 tires and i found them to be too wide. I absolutely hate it when people get rims that are too big for their car

i like my 17s, but i haven't seem too many 18s. I saw a 2000 GT with 18 077 wheels and 245/45/r18 tires and i found them to be too wide. I absolutely hate it when people get rims that are too big for their car

the rim height has nothing to do with tire width :!: :!: :!:

Lee-

Yeah, I went to Dorothy Moody Elementary for 7 years, Indian Woods Middle School (formally Nall Wood Middle) and graduated from Shawnee Mission South H.S. I think I know where all of those addresses are.....but some of the places are no longer in existence. The Glenwood is gone, Metcalf South is almost gone, King Louie is very run down, etc.

But about the rims.....I'm honestly thinking of staying with 16's

We covered it in physics last year.....it takes more torque to turn a bigger wheel....and on a 3.1 MPFI, saving torque and power is the name of the game (since it has so little to begin with).

We covered it in physics last year.....it takes more torque to turn a bigger wheel....and on a 3.1 MPFI, saving torque and power is the name of the game (since it has so little to begin with).

here is a quick lesson.....if you "plus size" correctly the rim/tire combo should almost exactly the same size and normally weigh less then stock (except aftermarket chrome)

Not to mention the bigger wheels looks SOOOOOOOO much nicer. Going to 18" has really rejuvenated my love for my '89.

Small wheels look dumb.

Wheels that are too big can look dumb too.. :roll:

I think 16s look good.. stock wheels anyways. If I were buying aftermarket I'd personally probably be looking at 17s, I think 18" is *usually* too big. GnatGoSplat's car DOES look good with his 18s, one of the few cars I can say that about.

I think 16s look good.. stock wheels anyways. If I were buying aftermarket I'd personally probably be looking at 17s, I think 18" is *usually* too big. GnatGoSplat's car DOES look good with his 18s, one of the few cars I can say that about.

I like 18" or 19" on this size car... but I don't like it when people get 18" on a car with large wheel openings and stick tiny rubber bands on them so there's all kinds of gap.

I don't care for how 20" looks on a W-body even though they'll fit no problem. All the W-bodies on Cardomain with 20's look like ass, IMO.

you can get wheels that are lighter than stock that are larger, physics class didn't cover handling though. shorter sidewalls means less flex, means better hadling in sharp turns.

Phantom is right, larger diameter wheels and shorter sidewall tires have some great handling increases over stock. Torque wouldn't be a problem because overall the wheel and tire should remain about the same size. In fact, since most aftermarket wheels weight much less than stock, you should actually see improved performance in that area as well.

The only other concern about going bigger than 16" is that you really gotta watch those potholes. Those skinny rubbers aren't going to allow as much protection for your wheels.

The only other concern about going bigger than 16" is that you really gotta watch those potholes. Those skinny rubbers aren't going to allow as much protection for your wheels.

that should only be a concern if you are running something as small as a 205.40.17 ........with a 45 series tire you should have no problems at all