Why is it so hot?

Speckkial

At night, when I turn the headlights on, the inside of the car gets really hot, only on the driver's side, as if the heat is on and every vent is pointed towards me, but it isn't. At first at thought the gauges were just getting really hot and giving off a lot of heat so I turned the interior lights down or off but that doesn't seem to help either. It seems as if the heat is coming from somewhere near or around the climate control panel, on the drivers side, or by the radio, and it concentrates all the way down the steering column, so my legs get really hot first. What's wrong?

thats very odd. take the dash pad off and feel around for heat. do the same for the underside of the dash and feel around. might try pulling back the carpet to see if any of the firewall gromets are gone and letting engine heat in.

Hi, I don't know how long you've had your car or how familiar you are with its heating system so this is just advise and a check...

If the heat setting is swung all the way over to hot...there will be heat coming into the car even if the controls are set to off. Put the heat all the way to cold to eliminate all climate control heat.

Cars like our old intrepid don't due this but many GM's do.

just an idea.

Thanks, but its been in the cold position all summer, considering how hot its been. It's usually not that bad during the day, even though I can still feel the heat, but that's probably because the windows are usually down more during the day time rather than at night. Could it have something to do with the fact that most of my climate controls functions aren't working (rear defroster doesn't work, no air blows out the vents, and the front defroster takes about ten minutes to defrost the window)?