Stereo Head Unit Fitment?

z284pwr

Recently I have been looking around for new Head Units for the newly aqcuired car, and going off of Crutchfield's fitment thing, alot of the ones I've liked and been looking at show up as no fitting, should I really be looking at if they say it will fit or not?

Here is a little more info on what I'm looking at, been looking mainly at DVD and DVD w/Monitor *Alpine DVA-7996 , Alpine IVA-D300 , Alpine IVA-D900 *

As you can tell I tend to go for Alpine, but non of them appear to fit, the other one that caught my eye that did fit Kenwood KVT-715DVD

Oh yeah, this would be for the Grand Prix of course....

Anyone have something like this or have any comments/suggestions?

What I think they mean is that itsd not a drop in fit.. Most decks and such are ISO -DIN 1.. GMs are DIN 1.5.. Its the size of the hole if you measured top to bottom.. Good luck! It'll work with the appropriate dash kit.. Most likely the one that adds thje most depth to the hole..

• 4 months later...

if cruthchfield says it wont fit its because of depth probably. they would give you an adapter to go from din to din and a half. my clarion was the same they said it wouldnt fit my monte but i already had it and loved the way it sounded in my old car. i took the stock radio out to see why and ended up cutting some holes in the plastic and it fit fine. i think they draw the line of not fitting if you have to modify the dash to fit.what i did was very simple and took very little time. i would check out your car and call them they will tell you why it wont fit.

Hpim0227.jpg

well, crutchfield said my Alpine CDA-9833 wouldn't fit in my car...but, with a few minor mod's it fits in there just fine!!......

JW: where did you get that adapter piece that goes around your radio!??...i've been lookin for one with a cover for the little cubby hole!!...

where did you get that adapter piece that goes around your radio!??...i've been lookin for one with a cover for the little cubby hole!!...

I have the same one, but the part that the radion slid into got busted because I tossed it in the truck after I removed the single din deck that was in there. I still have the panel piece that snaps in place of the cubby hole. PM me your address and I will send it to you.

where did you get that adapter piece that goes around your radio!??...i've been lookin for one with a cover for the little cubby hole!!...

I have the same one, but the part that the radion slid into got busted because I tossed it in the truck after I removed the single din deck that was in there. I still have the panel piece that snaps in place of the cubby hole. PM me your address and I will send it to you.

i'm not sure it'll fit mine...mine was never made to have that piece...but, i guess it couldnt hurt to try...maybe i can MAKE it fit... :twisted:

i'm not sure it'll fit mine...mine was never made to have that piece...but, i guess it couldnt hurt to try...maybe i can MAKE it fit... :twisted:
Did you get the kit from Best Buy with the little pocket beneath the radio?

I found this link over at W-Body Source:

http://www.humount.com/index.htm

They say they can make mounts with custom logos on them. The kits that fit the 2000-up Monte Carlos will work with the late 90's Olds and Buicks. I was thinking of getting one of those with no logo for the Regal.

If you want more depth, you have to cut out the plastic supports behind the radio to allow it to slide back further...

Did you get the kit from Best Buy with the little pocket beneath the radio?

I found this link over at W-Body Source:

http://www.humount.com/index.htm

They say they can make mounts with custom logos on them. The kits that fit the 2000-up Monte Carlos will work with the late 90's Olds and Buicks. I was thinking of getting one of those with no logo for the Regal.

If you want more depth, you have to cut out the plastic supports behind the radio to allow it to slide back further...

:shock: DUDE!...those are freakin SWEEEET!!!...thanx for the link...i might have to get one of those in the future...for now, jeremy is gonna send me the cover and i'm gonna see if i can't make it work...thanx again for that link though...