The car is finished pics on Page 8

matts93z34

I give you a lot of credit for making something so usual to so unusual (how ofter you see a Lumina like that) civics and intergras you see a lot of them and if you see a teen with a civic or integra you expect them to go rice with it but not with american car like Lumina. I really like your work except for the wing and lights on the back but thats my opinion. Again very nice work and post some rice killer stories.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matts93z34

• 93CutlassSupreme

• dsgrntld187

• cryptnix

dont listin to anyone who says your cars sucks cause me and most anyone i have showed pics of your car think it has to be one of the sickest luminas out thier. I love the way your car looks. I think the hood scoops Give your car that muscle look. Love it man good job on the car. wanna see a vid though and mabey some et times. :D

Although I think the car is butt-ugly, that ASG 5.0 package is sweet.

Probably the only reason why we are not burning him at the stake. :lol:

Guess its just the case that some of us miss the days gone by of V8 Cutlass's, Regals and Montes.

• 1 month later...
I would agree with you i am just like those people that put body kits, wings, exhaust, and hoods on civics, i have always been into those types of cars and modifying cars that way. But call me crazy i didnt just go out and buy the stuff, i made aftermarket parts for a car that has limited to none so call me a ricer or whatever i really dont care, but you will never see another lumina like the one that i have when you drive down the road and that is why i customized the lumina that way, knowing that i have a lumina that ends up in the wild class at car shows and the fact that most the time i win first means something to me and you can say thats why i have done what i have done. Everyone is entitled to their own opinioin and i respect that.

Matt

Defenately kicking up the dead, but I did see one like yours. It was a 1990 Lumina Base Model, no hubcaps, with a 4 banger, and it had a giant park bench on the back :lol: . I'm sorry, but the whole car is ruined just by the back. If you didnt have that, the car would look great.. or better..

How is a base model lumina with a wing just like mine, are you telling me that all of the other custom stuff and the v8 is void because we both have a wing on the car. Its not like thats all have done to the car

It was a joke, man :lol: . Theres not much in common, especially since he only had an aluminum 2 plane wing. Seriously though, if you look at just the front it looks pretty good, but the back end just slaughters it. It kills the lines that a Z34 has to begin with. I mean, if you like it, thats what matters, but when you do something this extreme you gotta expect comments like mine.

you should of left the back basically stock...maybe a rear body kit piece or something to compliment the dual exhaust better...and left the stock spoiler without that goofy lookin integra back-end...your car would look bad as fuck if u didnt have the back the way it is, otherwise the front is awesome, along with the interior, and engine. I'd give it a 7/10(great besides the back and spoiler)

i dont know why this thread got dug up again, but i still think everything minus the motor and maybe the interior is ugly, save the integra rear ends for imports.

everyone holds there hand out to speak shit. then when something unique comes up you bash it.

good work man ... it'll be much much nicer with some 18's on it... and perhaps alittle FI on that motor ... at least a few lbs anyway...

i'd like to re-quote this

but you will never see another lumina like the one that i have when you drive down the road

lets hope so.

and again,

but you will never see another lumina like the one that i have when you drive down the road

lets hope so.

and once more, with another take on it

lets hope so.

OWWWNEEEDDDD

Shit man you car is downright tits. The front end is evil as hell. Not a fan of the ass but hey it's not my car. Besides anything that has been built and fabricated with your own hands and sweat deserves mucho respect in anybodies eyes regardless of personal tastes. Credit where credit is due. You have a 1 off Z34 be proud and :flip: to all the H8rs.

Look i havent said anything about my car being the fastest thing out there. I know there are tons of cars out there that beat the crap out of me. I just have to laugh at people in their semi-stock cars telling me that my car is riced out because im pretty sure that my car could beat them if we lined up. And the last time i check riced out cars arent supposed to win races. And to the person that made the comment about where is the vinyl, i dont know i guess i forget to budget that in maybe next summer.

i'm sure you put a lot of work into the car, but still, come on.....

park bench wing = rice

anyways, how does that 4.9 Cadillac run? i drove a '92 Seville and liked it.

Look i havent said anything about my car being the fastest thing out there. I know there are tons of cars out there that beat the crap out of me. I just have to laugh at people in their semi-stock cars telling me that my car is riced out because im pretty sure that my car could beat them if we lined up. And the last time i check riced out cars arent supposed to win races. And to the person that made the comment about where is the vinyl, i dont know i guess i forget to budget that in maybe next summer.

I dont care if its a 8 second car, if it looks like shit it looks like shit.

The wing isnt that big it 7 inches high. I have seen a lot worst than that, i have seen an civic driving around with a wing that was higher than the roof of his car that i consider a park bench wing. As for the motor it runs great i love the throttle response as soon as you hit the throttle your gone. I dont know if the exact same as the 4.9 response since this motor has about 100 more horsepower but i have no complaints about the motor.

I know you have put a huge amount of effort into your car and I respect that however I do not like it.

You point out that you have won car show trophies. As someone who has judged shows I can tell you that you do not have to have taste to win. Points are awarded based on how clean things are as well as the level of customization involved.I have judged that got great scores that I couldn't stand and failed cars that I loved the way they looked because they deserved it.

Here is my view of your car.

The bumper and the grill do not match each otherand the contours clash. The hood is just plain played out and I am sick of it on anything other than the Ram Air TA is was ripped off from. The wheelwell just do not flow at all with the rest but I cannot put my finger on why. The rear should have something different for lights but I do not know what as I tend to like most of it but the lights look out of place. I do think it is a good effort and if you continue with this you can only get better.

I am not trying to flame but give some constructive critizism so please do not quote anything from this post unless you plan to use it in a positive way.

I think the wheelwells look weird because of the way the top is shaped, most japanese cars have rounder wheelwells.

Anyway the car is sweet. If you pulled up next to me i'd be scared.