Sony CD changer

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

let me know what you think of this for the petty edition:

http://sm.crutchfield.com/S-gMLYP5ZopWd/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=45&c=3&g=610&I=158CDX454R&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=

I *think* it will fit in the center console and I can put the controls in the overhead. The green digital display will match nicley with the stock tape deck and VFD DIC...

Guest Anonymous

Everyone says pioneer is the best these days. I dont know. Doesnt matter to me, just as long as I can get it to fit in the console and have a decent control pod. and works goood, of course.

10 disc? That may not fit so well, maybe a 6 changer? Ive heard all the bad things about sony too. But ive had a sony deck for 4+ years and it worked great. I inturn got a Pioneer this time cuz they had all the features I wanted this time around.

Guest Anonymous

I'll have to research changers more. The car is going into hibernation while im at school, so i have about 8 or 9 months to get everything picked out. They dont make 6 disc changers as far as I know, its like 10x8x4 inches so it *should*fit

I dunno.. I can't say I'm super pleased with Pioneer. I've paid assloads of money for them and in turn, got a cd player that lasted for 2 years and took a shit. Last one I had took a crap after 2 years.. left it in my Lumina when I sent it to hell. Bought another Pioneer when I picked up my Grand Prix. We're going on a little over 2 years and my Pioneer, once again, is acting very shady. I guess I can't say I'll actively pursue another Pioneer in the future.

Guest Anonymous

thx for the link, the last one, the pioneer, is also a possibility. I want so many things for the car, but have so little money (actually i have plenty of cash to fix it, i just need it all for college)

Np man, as for pioneer decks, I baught the 4 year warrenty just to make sure.

I figured, for 450 bucks, it should last more than a few years. I don't give up on something after one bad experience, but this is the second Pioneer that I've had and its doing the same thing the first one did. We've got a Sony deck at work.. runs the stereo for the sales floor. Its been playing for 6 years straight.. all day.. all night.. 24/7... hasn't failed yet. THAT'S the way it should all be! :wink:

I'd buy whichever unit you like as far as looks and features. I don't think there is anything wrong with Sony CD players... I've mostly just heard horror stories about their amps.

That 10 disk sony that I had.. it was pretty big. Only way thats gonna fit it by hacking up your console, which you'd have to do anyways to run wires through.

I haven't had a single problem with my Sony 10 disk CD changer. I also wanted to put it in my center console but it was too big, close but too big. So into the trunk it went.

Pic of mine.

cdcombo.jpg