BRAKE for the weekend

Guest Anonymous

I'll be doing the same soon. I want to paint the calipers red and the brackets black like yours.. I need brakes and rotors pretty badly.. I'm gonna hit up the junkyard here soon to see if I can weasel a few parts from them.. I know they had a cutlass out there with a DIC and HUD.. I'll just tell them it's speaker or something, get it cheaper that way, lol.

Guest Anonymous

I only paid $35 shipped for my calipers and brackets. And that was from Colorado to Pennsylvania.

Rotors $22 each

Pads $20 for the set

I already had the paint.

Total---- $77. Pretty good for better back brakes.

Looks great! :rocking:

Started out as crusty used calipers and now they look better than brand new. I like the black rotor hats, unfortunately I don't think they'll be visible when they're mounted, but they sure look good sitting on the table. :)

I also painted my rotors silver, masking off the area the pad touches. I suppose you could just as well paint the whole thing silver and let the paint burn off where the pad touches. I mention it because the edges and any part where the pad doesn't touch will rust in no time.

Guest Anonymous

When I painted my rotors I didn't bother masking them off. I used paint thinner to wipe off the overspray. I also knew the hat wouldn't be visible but I'm hoping this helps prevent the wheel from sticking to the rotor to bad. Along with some silicone lube.

Gimme those brackets!!! I got new '94+ loaded calipers ready to go!

OH SHIT santa claus is driving up my block!! Firetrucks blaring their shit! Wish my camera batts were working!!!!!!!!!!!!