DIC for my International.

jiggity76

Thanks for doing all of this, really lost but this should help immensely.  It won't be until next week when I start on it again as I work all weekend.  I will update my progress and see how it turns out.  I might ask a lot of questions and post pics as I go too. 

Do you know why my 91 wasn't prewired?  Isn't that very odd?  The pictures of the radio mess might explain why.  Maybe it was messed with when the aftermarket stereo was put in.  I wouldn't think that the stereo mess with interfere with the rest of the car's harness but just wondering. 

Even the most base 1991s had the wiring for DIC. Even sedans have it. Not sure about convertibles, I have never seen one at a yard to look.

Edited by 94 olds vert

I seem to remember reading some time ago about having to dig around to find the plug. granted I really don't follow the Cutlass very thoroughly but for some reason I thought I read that in a thread a while back

I assume if it's prewired it will be like the 89 car tied into the main harness.  I will look around some more when I have time.  I also found some connectors that are heat shrinkers and have material in them to seal the wire internally protecting it from oxidation and the elements.  I might try those.

On cars that were prewired, where should I look?  Behind the ECC or what?

• 3 months later...

Just reading thru this thread again and trying to make sense of it all.  Hopefully my buddy from work can understand what this all means.  I'm getting ready for next spring and this is on my list of things to do.  Is there anyway that someone could post a video or make one to help me better understand?  I appreciate what everyone has already said but like I said before, I am completely out of my element when it comes to electrical stuff on vehicles.