Transmission Neglect...

cizin

I bought my parents 95 Lumina a couple weeks ago and love it. The other day, I felt the transmission starting to downshift a little harder than usual. I called my dad and asked him when he had the trans maintained last. He explained to me that the tans was rebuilt at around 60k and it wasn't due for it yet. He thought you maintain it every 100k for some reason. I guess in his old age he didn't remember that the manual asks for it every 30k. When I was younger he was a nazi about maintenance but I guess with age he just doesn't care or remember anymore. I decided this weekend would be a good time to drop the pan and change the filter. As I dropped the pan, I was expecting the worst. It was ugly but fluid was not burnt. Hope its much cleaner 30k from now...

Ohh yea the current milage is around 145k.

Thanks to whomever wrote the transmission fluid change tutorial. It helped a bunch.

71604153093_3300.jpg

71604647557_3300.jpg

sorry the pictures aren't better, all I had was a camera phone

Hmm, well those pics do suck but I think looks better than when I dropped the pan on my car (I think anyone's does.. lol). I hate 4T60Es.. POS.

Hopefully dropping the pan will have made a difference on your trans.

No addatives, please god dont put an addative in there. Put the trans fluid in and drive it. If it leaks, fix the leak. Dont put brake fluid (Leak Addative) to your tranny. It swells the seals, but it also causes alot of wear on the trans.

Use plain old Dexron 3 and be done with it.