Flex-A-Form Rear Spring install and disappointment (7 pics)

GnatGoSplat

If you are talking about it hitting the actual fender than that could be more serious of a problem than the inner fender obviously.

Yea, that's not what I was referring to. I'm just talking about rubbing on the bottom of the urethane flare.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• R Dubya

• GnatGoSplat

• airbe5car

• dsgrntld187

Put me down. Who are you getting these through? Intrax directly? I can wait 6-8 weeks. Is that price with shipping?

Ok I just talked with her about the shipping costs. And to answer your first question yes, directly through the warehouse in CA.

Normally they do not include shipping in their prices, so what we will do is get her our shipping addresses and she will calculate the costs to our specific zip codes. When we send payment to her, it will be half of the cost, plus the freight costs, or you can pay in full up front.

I would recommend sending return receipt request or certified so you have proof they were received. Not saying they are crooks but 6-8 wks is a long time to wait for a product, just to avoid hassles it might be a good idea.

I'm thinking about it, but just looking at my car, lowering it 2" would put the tire 1" from the bottom of the fender flare. Any bump or dip in the road would easily push the tire in to the flare, which is something I'm not too crazy about.

If these springs are anywhere near as stiff as ST springs, you won't even get 1" of suspension travel! I have 1" of gap between tire and bottom of the fender on the Cutlass and not even on the largest bumps has the tire come close to touching the fender.

I'm really curious how the Intrax springs ride though. The handling with ST springs is incredible, but it's a pretty bone-jarring ride.

I'm tempted to get in on this, but I really want to see what the Intrax drop looks like. I don't really want to risk my life again swapping front springs for just a puny 1/4" difference.

As soon as we reach 5 or 10 definite buyers I will need everyone's address on one sheet, faxed to them, and she will give us each a freight cost. If we get 10 buyers or 10 sets sold, we will get them for $82.50 + shipping.

I would like to fax that sheet to her on Monday. I am in (2), Davis(1), turby(1), and if erok01 is in that's five sets. So we are good to go for 98.70+shipping.

Shawn

Slick

Futuretgp'er

Luke

If you guys are in, we only need to sell one more set and we get them for $82! airbe5car said it dropped 1.8" and every site says 1.8" that I've seen. But regardless, I am excited about the fact of even 1.5, but that Cutty (airbe5car's) looks nice. I don't think we'll need to worry about rub too much. Those springs are going to be stiff as hell. As long as the struts aren't shot I don't think you will see a whole lot of bounce.

I know they aren't the greatest pics but this is the Intrax drop.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/airbe5car

Airbe5car Is it possible for you to take another pic of the front of your car??

What forms of payment will they take? I'm in if I could use my credit card or paypal. Also what's up with the rears? How is that coming along? I would be interested in that as well. Thanks.

Paul

Check the thread, I think it's in the group buy section. This thread has turned into a group buy already, I don't want to pack it full of info that no one else will read. Call them up and talk with Tony.

I am not sure about the credit card issue. Normally Intrax does not sell to the public, so I don't know. I put it a call with the question and will relay it to you guys later.

Guest Anonymous
So this would just be to lower the front? How would I go about lowering the rear?

We're working on a rear leaf group buy also. You can order to lower the car whatever you want.

hey rw89tgp how much drop did you ask for in on the rear leaf? i don't think im gonna go with the intrax springs....might go with st to be on the safe(er) side...since it sounds like they aren't as low and they are stiffer...unless airbe5car can tell that they are stiffer than what they are advertised as --- "oem performance" ---

Airbe5car is running 18" rims and tires on his car and has minimal rubbing issues.

Gnatgosplat is running 17"s, possibly 18's I don't know, with minimal rubbing. You are looking at .3". What size tires are you running?

I told him to start at 2" and I will shave the poly block to drop it more if desired. Supposedly its easy to do. I've never done a spring so we will find out come spring!

I know they aren't the greatest pics but this is the Intrax drop.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/airbe5car

Airbe5car Is it possible for you to take another pic of the front of your car??

Sorry about the crappy pics-they are from a disposable camera from a long time ago. I can take some more, probly have to wait until sunday b/c I work all day tomorrow and then I can get a digital camera to use. I'll take some close ups and stuff.

Gnatgosplat is running 17"s, possibly 18's I don't know, with minimal rubbing. You are looking at .3". What size tires are you running?

I think you've got that backwards.

I think Airbe5car has 17" wheels and 225/55R17 tires, at least he used to.

Mine has 18" wheels and 245/45R18 tires.

He and I both run the same diameter tires on similar cars, so I would definitely like to see a pic of his front drop similar to the pic of his rear drop because I would end up with pretty much the exact same gap.

I think you've got that backwards.

I think Airbe5car has 17" wheels and 225/55R17 tires, at least he used to.

Mine has 18" wheels and 245/45R18 tires.

He and I both run the same diameter tires on similar cars, so I would definitely like to see a pic of his front drop similar to the pic of his rear drop because I would end up with pretty much the exact same gap.

That is correct, I have 17" Konig Tantrums, and 225/55/17 tires. I'll get a pic of the front for you.

So has anyone else decided on whether or not they are interested? I haven't heard from anyone new, right now we stand for sure on 4 sets. Maybe 5.

Anyone definetely interested please PM me.

Just so you all know I will be paying the same price as everyone, I am not in this for any breaks, just what we can get as a group.

Just curious, but what happened to the passenger side corner lense?

One day I went out to my car and the damn thing was hanging by the plug. The plastic piece that holds it in is snapped and I just haven't glued it back on yet.

Thanks for noticing, lol.

Hey I put some new pics on my cardomain site. I got some shots of the front and the fenders/tires for those who were concerned about that.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/324706

Hey, thanks for posting the pics! I've been comparing your car to mine, and I can't really tell how much lower it is than mine with ST springs.

I was just curious if you can get this measurement:

IMG_1007-arrows.JPG

It's a measurement from the approximate center of the wheel to the top of the wheel opening. I think that measurement will eliminate variables like tire diameter, treadwear, tire pressure, tire bulge, etc. It's only good for comparing drops on Cutlass coupes since GP's and Luminas all have differently shaped and sized wheel openings.

Here are mine:

89 front: 14-3/8" (ST springs)

89 rear: 15-1/2" (FAF rear leaf)

94 convertible front: 15-1/2" (stock)

94 convertible rear: 16" (rear)

Guest TurboSedan
We're paying half up front and half when they arrive, it'll give you 6-8 weeks to come up with the rest. talking $50-$60 tops per person right now.

i'm in....PM sent. c'mon lets get this up to 10 sets!!