it's official!

Brian P

As of this spring break, my car will be dark blue metallic with intl ground effects. I dont know if I will paint it one color, or paint the ground effects light silver. The wheel inserts will be the light silver used on most new wheels....ooh I cant wait!!!!

It's official!! my car is going to be red w/ silver pearl by spring break.....and by the time of the GM Nationals i could possibly have it dropped, red and black leather interior, and a bumpin' system....that all depends on if i can get another credit card.....but the paintjob is a definate... :D

It's official!! My car will stay GOLD with BLACK TRIM even after I put the Aeroform GFX on it (if I ever do it),

or when I put the International GFX on it (if i ever do it),

or when I put the 1992 and newer GFX on it (if I ever do it).

:twisted:

Taylor

By the way. I stopped by the dealership the other day and checked what the paint code was for Mary Kay Pink for the 1996 Year. The code is WA9601 for those of you that have heard me mention it before.

Taylor

Yup, acrylic enamel. I know I'm going to have to add things like hardener, thinner, fisheye preventer, flex agent for the bumpers, etc. But for the price Im paying, it beats lacquer!

Of course! Kick the grand prix out of the garage, it's now a paint booth! Heh, well Im not doing it until I have free time, either mid january (if I get REALLY anxious) or spring break in march. Im going to cover everything with plastic sheets, also hang plastic sheets from the ceiling to the floor in around the middle of the garage. I expect this to take 2-3 full days, so break out the cot!

actually, knowing how things go here, I will end up in the Grand Prix (if it is fixed :twisted: ), and you will end up taking my car.

Or Laura's.

Or your Dad's :think:

Don't worry. I am sure that Big Blue is up to the task.

Taylor

ok and for the record I DID major research, basically emailed 13 people who won his paint auctions and asked questions on stangnet.com where I found 2 more people who bought his paint. here's the emails I got so far after only 1 day:

"I no longer have picturesofthis paint or car as it was sold but it looked

damn good and the color I used looked just like the corvette colored

turqouise that came onsome of the convertibles..very high quality acrylic

not that cheap polyurethane stuff"

"yeah, the picture is a little decieving, it makes the silver look too

like... lead color... but its actually a nice light metallic silver... have

you ever seen the bran new mercedes ... that are silver? this silver is

exactly that color.. its awesome"

"it will be a couple of weeks before i paint my car but i love the color! i dried a 5"x5" splash of paint to see the color then put sand paper to it, so it is messed up. but the color was great! i think it will need hardener added to it just before painting. i dont think you will be disapointed. one thing that i was told today is that you are not suposted to wet sand metalic after it dries, i was told that if you want to wet sand it you will need to put a layer of clear on 30-45 mins after putting the color on, so you can wet sand the clear. "

I also got into an email conversation with this person with NICE info! This is all the same person:::

"dont have any pics but it is good paint covered really good , ive painted a

few cars with NASONS URITHANE and this enamel covers just as good with a

nice high gloss, sorry about not having any pics. "

"nope, just keep you gun shook up and dont try to cover to fast, spray light coat on wait 5-10 minutes then spray again keeping 5-10 minutes between each coat and run gun at 50 psi thats all i do. mix it 40% paint 60% thinner, as far as your hardner use what the hardner

can tells you (all brands are different) ill tell ya if you put this stuff

called fisheye eliminator in your paint every time ya mix it, it will help

it to flow and help ya from getting the striping i always put alittle bit

more than the instructions on container tell me to, basicly thats all i can

tell ya, ya need to put a primersealer on car and let it set a day or so

before you paint car, what that does is let the thinner evaporate out

instead of soaking in old paint and it will make car alot more shiney and

helps eliminate dry spots, dont worry ya arent bothern me , i like to help

out when i can"

"main thing TAKE YOUR TIME!!! hast makes waste. its hard to make someone understand that, but thats how most paint jobs get messed up. C-Ya"

"looks to me if ya dont already have the darker blue it would be cheaper to take the paint down to paint store and have it darkened by them. be sure and use the primer sealer will turn out alot better"

"