Debadging

AWeb80

once again, correct me if I am wrong, but when you are going fast in a FWD car, it seems that a FUNCTIONAL spoiler will cause more of a problem. If it is pushing down the REAR of the car, then that means that it is LIFTING UP the front of the car. If the front of the car is not makeing good contact, wont that HURT the performance? Seems to me like you would want the keep the front of the car DOWN at all times.

Taylor

Hey super buick, you really are not o fan of those spoilers are ya!? lol

lolo I'm not a fan, though let me say this, REDZ's car looks fabulous, especially with the removal of that center trim piece. It really makes the car look 500x better. I just don't like the spoiler but thats my personal preference.

-Tom

once again, correct me if I am wrong, but when you are going fast in a FWD car, it seems that a FUNCTIONAL spoiler will cause more of a problem. If it is pushing down the REAR of the car, then that means that it is LIFTING UP the front of the car. If the front of the car is not makeing good contact, wont that HURT the performance? Seems to me like you would want the keep the front of the car DOWN at all times.

Taylor

it will not push the rear of the car enough to lift the front of the car. so it will offer a very minor ammount of downforce on the rear to help plant the hole car.. the wind hitting the hood of the car probibly pushes the front down more then the downforce of the spoiler so it IF it is functioning at all will help by keeping the ass planted a little more.

RedZ

Hey super buick, you really are not o fan of those spoilers are ya!? lol

lolo I'm not a fan, though let me say this, REDZ's car looks fabulous, especially with the removal of that center trim piece. It really makes the car look 500x better. I just don't like the spoiler but thats my personal preference.

-Tom

http://www.geocities.com/redzmonte/MCpics2.htm

there are a couple of pics of it slamed on stock wheels and magnaflow exhaust and no spoiler... looks very BLAH in person.. very generic, very family car like (i know i thats what it is). it just looks TOO generic/dull

RedZ

It's hard to say, sometimes it kind of wrecks the look, other times it helps with the looks. If the doors have a lot of small dings and such, I think the dings become more apparent. if it is silky smooth, then I'd say it would look pretty good.

LOL! I saw one of those wings on a New hundyai (how ever you spell it) Accent. LOL!!! trailer wheels/tires and all... then this wing... kind of looked like a plastic wing that came off some toy.

A spoiler on those hyper FWD ricers that are built for racing (I mean true sactioned racing, not ricer boy clubs and shizz) are useful even while cornering. The down force help keep the rear tires planted. remember, just because it's a FWD car doesn't mean you can't make it oversteer. With all those racing car suspensions, yeah they need those tires down on the ground while taking turns at insane speeds.

Now Ricer cars on the street? GIMME A BREAK.... not one of those cars needs a wing like that. Those kids have been playing to much GT2. Factory wings on ANY car (obvious exceptions like Porsche, etc.) FWD or RWD are for looks. Plain and simple.

Or wings upside down, so it would create a slight lift. Seen 2.

I also saw these weire wings the other day, and one on a new Grand AM, where the post to hold the wing up were like an "S". Whats that supposed to do, chanel the air?

Jon