Debadging

AWeb80

I am thinking about debadging my white 94 GP and I am wondering if anybody has done this to their GP or anyother w-body. Please give me some tips, or wheather it looks good or not. Thanks.

I did that to My GTP and I love it....

I looks SOOOO smooth....

things you will need.

1. A heat gun, hair dryer doesnt work to well so invest the 27.00 @ wolly world (wall mart) to get one.

2. Goo Gone, or some kind of adhesive remover,

3. time, TAKE YOUR TIME IN DOING THIS!!!!!! a buddie of mine ripped the paint off his 96 Jeep trying to do this to quickly and with out the proper tools......

Good luck..... and post picts of the finished product.

great looking!! didnt realize how much debadging would do to improve appearance..

things you will need.

1. A heat gun, hair dryer doesnt work to well so invest the 27.00 @ wolly world (wall mart) to get one.

2. Goo Gone, or some kind of adhesive remover,

3. time, TAKE YOUR TIME IN DOING THIS!!!!!! a buddie of mine ripped the paint off his 96 Jeep trying to do this to quickly and with out the proper tools......

i have thought of removing just the "Regal" badges and leaving the "Gran Sport" and "GS". how exactly is it done with the heat gun? apply it directly to the badge and pull it off when the adhesive melts is my guess?

Since I had to remove my Impala badge since someone broke the poor guys leg off(i was very irritated by that) i used a heat gun and one of those Spackal knives(not sharp)it was a small one so i was able to heat, pry, heat pry. Take it slow and it will come off. You'll have to heat it up really good but not to much or you'll melt the badge. If your removing off a plastic area(like my impala, the rear taillight covers made of red plastic) u can use thinner to remove excess glue, otherwise use a non abrasive cleaner like Goo Gone an its all good. Bad thing is your badge will be pretty messed up(the sticky part) so if u ever want to put a badge back on you'll have to buy a new one, only like 8 or 10 dollars from the dealer, not bad if you ask me.

S

i used a heat gun and one of those Spackal knives(not sharp)it was a small one so i was able to heat, pry, heat pry. Take it slow and it will come off. You'll have to heat it up really good but not to much or you'll melt the badge. If your removing off a plastic area(like my impala, the rear taillight covers made of red plastic) u can use thinner to remove excess glue, otherwise use a non abrasive cleaner like Goo Gone an its all good.

thanks! didnt know if there would be holes under the badges... like some other cars. japanese? lol

now all you should do is just remove that trunk spoiler.

RedZMonte... I vote to leave the spoiler! great car!

now all you should do is just remove that trunk spoiler.

Me? Hell no! it look so much better with the brickyard spoiler. the ass looks so big and Blah without the spoiler!

RedZ

Not only for looks(its damn good looking) but for a bit of functionality. Some downforce on a car is always good. More traction ect.

That Monte is one fine peice of art, i have to say, good job!

Not only for looks(its damn good looking) but for a bit of functionality. Some downforce on a car is always good. More traction ect.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't the spoiler used to keep the rear of the car down for the REAR-WHEEL DRIVE vehicles? I was under the inpression that spoilers are functional on the RWD's, but only for looks on the FWD's.

Taylor

It still helps on a FWD car. More so for RWD but still it pins the car down more so than without it. Also good for braking from a high speed since your car being weighed down for abit helps you slow down. However minute it helps. And its nice most of the time.

U guys see those stupid ass Honda (Hold on Not Done Accelerating) hatchbacks with a SPOILER ON THE ROOF?!?!? what is up with that, they trying to fly or something. I mean this thing is HUGE, they have a spoiler on the hatch, and one on the roof, looks like a damn bi-plane or something.

a *REAL* spoiler wont do shit until you hit the triple digit speed, and even then it's not a whole lot. And I use the term real spoiler loosely since there's not many that do its job. I wonder how the assholes with ladder-type spoilers dont break their rear window while opening the trunk, and why dont their parents bitch slap them for spending cash on them>?

I met some of their parents, and i tell u, they are rich, and stupid. Let me tell u a story about a kid whom had daddy buy him something nice...TWICE..

When i was a Ast Manager at Blockbuster(BOO!!) I started my days in the Wycoff store(basically where all the rich, snobbish, annoying people in all the world live). And this kid comes in, I start talkin with him and what not. And then, his friend pulls up and is blastin his stereo. u can see an hear the windows vibrating. So we step outside an talk. Basically this is how it goes.

The Kid just got a brand new Jeep cherokee Laredo (01 model) fully loaded, added engine mods, stereo equipment, rims, u name it, he probably had it. Said his dad got it for him for his birthday. Said it was close to 50 grand worth a shit in it. I was like, well his dads rich ok so its his birthday seems cool. Shrugged it off.

Then 2 DAYS LATER!! he pulls up in a BMW SuV fully pimped out. I asked him where his cherokee is, he said that he didnt like it, and sold it to the BMW dealer for like 29g's and put an additional 40 down for this Beamer truck. Mind u, this thing was pimped out more so than the cherokee. Guy had his slips with what the thing came with stock(that window sticker ect) I was like WTF. thats almost like 80G's!! Obviously dad didnt give two rats asses about his son pimping an selling the vehicle. They buy them brand new cars for their first cars. Not only new, but in the 30k + price range. Just goes to show most rich people don't care an buy it for the sake of " I am better than u" type of thing.

Most of those honda's with those aircraft scafolding wings of coolness *sarcasim either stem from that type of stupidity, or they have messed up logic stating that Different is cool, even if it looks stupid.

BTW that shitonhonda page will forever be my bookmark. I got a crack out of that Rocket Fart muffler lol

P.S. Nothing wrong with being rich, but at least have common sense, and don't try to bring down your fellow man. You should help them or at least treat them just as equal. - My Position.

I agree. Most of the kids that I met that have a riced/pimped out vehicle, their RICH parents bought it, and they don't even care about it. One of the kids that I met like that, her parents bought her a Viper and she got rid of it because she dyed her hair red, and in the car (red) it made her hair look pink. She did not like that, so she got rid of it, and had her parents get her a BLACK one. She wrecked that, and made her parents buy her another one (this time Blue and white), but she did not like that it was not convertible, so she got rid of it to get another one. That is the point when her parents got smart and told her that they would get her one more vehicle, and if she does not like it, then she can get rid of it in 3 years when the lease is up, or when she feels like paying for it herself. Keep in mind that she had gone through 4 Viper's.

I told her parents that they were stupid for giving her such a fast car to begin with, but they said what is the use of having money if they do not spend it.

the audi TT is a good example of a front wheel drive car tehat need a spoiler! It was found that teh car got to floaty at high speeds in the rear without any downforce. Originally, the TT wasn't to have anything on teh rear like a spoiler to keep the integrity of the clean lines, but audi decided a rear spoiler was more than nessasary to keep the car safe at speed.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't the spoiler used to keep the rear of the car down for the REAR-WHEEL DRIVE vehicles? I was under the inpression that spoilers are functional on the RWD's, but only for looks on the FWD's.

Taylor

Yes and No..

* 99% of spoilers out there do not help eather way.. some even cause lift not downforce

* Front wheel drive cars are less likely to benifit from them

* MOST functional spoilers are HUGE and ugly and adjustable.. (like on a drag car). they have to stick up and ketch the air flowing over the cars roof to do any good. spoilers that are low don't ketch enough air to do you any good. the air flows over the car and is not even touching the spoiler for the most parts.. so it is mostly for looks. With the acception of a couple oem desinged cars with spoilers.. 3000GT VR4 the spoiler IS functional.. thats why when you hit WOT the spoiler adjusts itself to tilt up or down to create more/less downforce (Fukn sweet to watch). Same with the Porche 911 Turbo. the wailtail adjusts itself for more/less downforce to keep the car planted on the ground better.

* if the spoiler was designed to be adjustable/funcional ANY downforce on the car FWD or RWD will help the car stay on the ground better at high speeds.

RedZ