Pic of the dyed Steering wheel

Lee

This is a leather Steering Wheel. I used leather dye. Other guys on here would know what to use for the dash. Some kind of vinyl dye I assume.

This is the Buick Regal factory leather wheel.

Notice the factory equalizer/cassette? (the older head unit). I put that in also. I have the full digital dash in my closet.

I coated it with the cotton ball on a rod three times and rubbed it after drying each time. Then I sprayed it with some leather jacket sealant I had laying around. I didn't know what to use to seal it so I bought Resolene sealant from the same company(for leather). It gave a soft glossy look.

I had problems with the resolene because it drys really fast and I'd go over a done spot and it would get roughed up. If a person sprayed it ,it would be fine.

I'd like to have put more coats on but I didn't want the finish messed up worse. So......yeah I did get very minor rub offs for the first week. Not like black hands but just a hint. I'd like to go over it again this summer because in bright sun you can see some streaking.

I wouldn't try my method on a seat. Too much area to cover and too much worry over bleeding.

I just wanted to say to the other w-body guys that if you look at the center cap (black part)....it pops out of the rubber. You Cutty guys could fashion a centercap insert of plexiglass with the new oldsmobile emblem in it...background color it anything you wanted......match outside paint, etc.

I had to scrape the black off of mine and repaint because there was glue in it that let the grey backing bleed through. It looked like grey raindrops behind the buick symbol.