'96 Injectors in a '91 X motor

Canada

A friend of mine recently melted down his 3.4L DOHC in his 96 Monte Carlo....not sure exactly what happened.....but apparently the inejctors are okay. Can I use them in my '91? I'd like to assume so....but just making sure.

Anything else that is worth while on the car? Like I said, I don't know what exactly happened (over heat, loss of oil, thrown rod, broken timing belt).

I'll try and see if we can't rip out his cams and measure them....a bit more duration would be cool....although I'll pry be going to the turbocharged route......they don't like lots of duration.

Duration.....I assume you set the dial indicator for zero on the back side and rotate it until you hit 0.050". From there you measure the degrees rotation until 0.050" on the otherside of the lobe. Is this correct? Why 0.050"?

I didn't see so much information on 60 degree V6 about swpaping over intake manifolds......whats so great about 96-97? (Other than the fact the TB and manifold are seperate.)

The ol' bitch runs!

I had a minor incident today involving the left front wheel coming off........a tow to the shop I work at and 5 new studs and new studs........one fucked wheel.....didn't hurt anything else.....happened as I was making a left hand turn.

I'm chassing down a few vacuum leaks in the lines......other than that.......put about a car on a '99 Neon R/T yesterday from a 60 mph roll to 110 or so (even with me missing 4th gear).